Born on March 12, 1968, Tammy Duckworth is an American politician and former US Army lieutenant colonel who has been serving as the junior United States Senator since 2017 and is a member of the Democratic Party. She was the first Thai-American woman elected to Congress and is the second Asian American woman serving in the US.
She is an Iraq War veteran and served as a US Army helicopter pilot. She suffered combat wounds and lost both of her legs and some mobility in her right arm. She retired from Army in October 2014. For more information, read the article below.
Tammy Duckworth Ethnicity/Religion
Tammy was born in Bangkok, Tailand to Lamai Sompornpairin and Franklin Duckworth. Her father was a US Army veteran who traced his family’s American roots to American Revolutionary War.
Tammy Duckworth Affair/Husband/Married
She is married to Bryan Bowls. Visit her twitter for more information.
It’s insulting what Donald Trump said about Vietnam: that he didn’t serve because “he wasn’t a fan of that war.”
No Veteran I know is a “fan of war," but unlike Trump, they responded when their nation called them to duty. Like true patriots. Whether or not they had a choice. pic.twitter.com/UW062ckO5v
— Tammy Duckworth (@SenDuckworth) June 6, 2019
Profile / Wiki / Information
- Full Name: Ladda Tammy Duckworth
- Nicknames: Tammy
- Birthday: March 12, 1968
- Age: 51 years old (as of June 2019)
- Birthplace: Bangkok, Thailand
- Current Residence: Illinois, US
- Education: University of Hawaii at Manoa (BA), George Washington University (MA), Northern Illinois University, Capella University (PhD)
- Profession: Politician
- Nationality: American
- Ethnicity/Race: Asian American
- Religion: Not Available
- Zodiac: Pisces
- Spouse/Husband: Bryan Bowlsbey (m. 1993)
- Children: 2
- Net Worth: Not Available
- Height: Not Available
- Weight: Not Available
Trivia/ Facts that you probably didn’t know
- She is a Democrat.
- She was the first Thai-American woman elected to Congress.
- She is the second Asian American woman serving in the US.
- She is an Iraq War veteran and she was the first female double amputee of from the war.
- Her father was a US Army veteran who traced his familys American roots to the American Revolutionary War.
- She has served as the junior United States Senator for Illinois since 2017.
- She was rated by the National Rifle Association as having a pro-gun control congressional voting record.
- She supports abortion rights.
- Visit our site for more updates.
Sometimes it takes dealing with a disability – the trauma, the relearning, the months of rehabilitation therapy – to uncover our true abilities and how we can put them to work for us in ways we may have never imagined.