Born on August 4, 1933, Sheldon Adelson is an American business magnate, investor and philanthropist who is the founder, chairman and chief executive officer of Las Vegas Sands Corporation. He is a member of the Republican Party and is one of the largest donor for the Party. For more information, read the article below.
Before Fame: He started his business career when he 12 years old.
Sheldon Adelson Ethnicity/Religion
Born in Boston, Massachusetts, he was born to Sarah and Arthur Adelson. His father drove a taxi and his mother ran a knitting shop.
Sheldon Adelson Affair/Married/Wife/Children
Profile / Wiki / Information
- Full Name: Sheldon Gary Adelson
- Nicknames: Sheldon Adelson
- Birthday: August 4, 1933
- Age: 85 years old
- Birthplace: Boston, Massachusetts, US
- Current Residence: Las Vegas, Nevada, US
- Education: City College of New York (did not graduate)
- Profession: Business magnate, investor, philanthropist
- Nationality: American
- Religion: Jewish
- Zodiac: Virgo
- Spouse/Wife: Sandra Adelson (divorced), Miriam Ochsorn (m. 1991)
- Children: 5
- Net Worth: $43.4 billion USD
- Height: Not Available
- Weight: Not Available
- Feet Size: Not Available
- Dress Size: Not Available
Trivia/ Facts that you probably didn’t know
- His father’s family was of Ukrainian-Jewish and Lithuanian-Jewish ancestry.
- He started his business career at the age of 12 when he borrowed $200 from his uncle.
- He is the founder, chairman and chief executive officer of Las Vegas Sands Corporation.
- He is a major Republican contributor.
An entrepreneur is born with the mentality to take risks, though there are several important characteristics: courage, faith in yourself, and above all, even when you fail, to learn from failure and get up and try again.
I am willing to spend whatever it takes … My moral standard compels me to speak out on this issue because I am the largest company by far in the industry and I am willing to speak out. I don’t see any compelling reason for the government to allow people to gamble on the Internet and nobody has ever explained except for the two companies whose special interest is going to be served if there is gaming on the Internet, Caesars and MGM.