Born on August 28, 1965, Shania Twain is a Canadian singer and songwriter who is the best-selling female artist in Canada and among best selling music artist of all time having sold over 100 million records. Twain has received five Grammy Awards, 27 BMI Songwriter Awards, stars on Canada’s Walk of Fame and the Hollywood Walk of Fame, and an induction into the Canadian Music Hall of Fame. For more information, read the article below.
Before Fame: She rose to fame with her second album The Woman in Me (1995).
Shania Twain Parents/Ethnicity/Religion
Born as Eileen Regina Edwards in Windsor, Canada, she was born to Sharon and Clarence Edwards. She has two sisters, Jill and Caarrie Ann. Shania_it has been reported that Twain is of Ojibwe descent, but she stated in an interview that her biological father was part Cree, a claim his family denies.
Shania Twain Affair/Married/Husband
She married producer Robert John Lange on December 28, 1993 and had a son Eja. They divorce was finalized on June 9, 2010. On December 20, 2010, it was revealed that Twain was engaged to Swiss Nestlé executive Frédéric Thiébaud, the ex-husband of Marie-Anne. They were married on January 1, 2011 in Rincón. For more information, visit her twitter and Instagram.
Profile / Wiki / Information
- Full Name: Eileen Regina Edwards
- Nicknames: Shania, The Queen of Country Pop, The Country Pop Queen
- Birthday: August 28, 1965
- Age: 52 years old
- Birthplace: Windsor, Ontario, Canada
- Current Residence: Corseaux, Switzerland
- Education: Timmins High and Vocational School
- Profession: Singer, songwriter
- Nationality: Canadian
- Ethnicity/Race: White
- Religion: She follows Sant Mat
- Zodiac: Virgo
- Spouse/Wife: Robert John “Mutt” Lange (m. 1993; div. 2010) Frédéric Thiébaud (m. 2011)
- Children: 1
- Net Worth: $350 million USD (estimated)
- Height: 5 feet 4 inches
- Weight: 54 kg
- Feet Size/Shoe Size: 6.5 (US)
- Dress Size: 6 (US)
- Chest Size: 34 inches
- Waist Size: 24 inches
- Hip Size: 35 inches
- Bra Size/ Breast Size: 32D
Trivia/ Facts that you probably didn’t know
- Shania has been listed in the “Most Intriguing People” list issued by “People Weekly Magazine” in 1995.
- She was once voted as the sexiest vegetarian alive by PETA and even secured the 30th position in FHM magazine’s “100 Sexiest Women in the World 2006” issue.
- In 2010, as a part of Winter Olympics torch relay, Twain carried the Olympic Torch in her hometown.
- She was awarded a star on Canada’s Walk of Fame in Toronto, Ontario on June 25,
- On November 1, 1987, her mother and stepfather were killed in a car crash, and she became the legal guardian of her younger siblings, putting her musical career on hold to raise her family.
- Her stepfather and mother’s common headstone bears the family name “Twain” underscored by the names “Jerry 1947-1987” and “Sharon 1945-1987” with the epitaph – Together Forever.
Horses calm me. I love being around them. They smell great, they are beautiful to look at, they are loving, demanding, temperamental, and they settle you.
I really feel like life will dictate itself. You should allow it to unfold as naturally as possible. Just go with the flow. When you’re really desperate, you say a few prayers and hope for the best. That’s the way I’ve always lived my life.