Born on July 23, 1941, Sergio Mattarella is an Italian politician, lawyer and judge who is serving as the current President of Italy since 2015 and is the first Sicilian to hold the post. Previously, he was Minister of Defence from 1999 to 2001 and Minister of Education from 1989 to 1990. For more information, read the article below.
Before Fame: He attended Sapienza University.
Sergio Mattarella Parents/Ethnicity/Religion
Born in Palermo, he is the son of Bernardo Mattarella, an anti-fascist who helped to found the Christian Democracy (DC) which dominated the Italian political scene for almost 50 years. Sergio Mattarella’s brother, Piersanti Mattarella, was also a Christian Democratic politician and President of Sicily from 1978 until his death in 1980, when he was killed by the Sicilian Mafia.
Sergio Mattarella Affair/Married/Wife
He was married to Marisa Chiazzese. His wife died in 2012. He has three children. Visit his twitter.
Profile / Wiki / Information
- Full Name: Sergio Mattarella
- Nicknames: Sergio
- Birthday: July 23, 1941
- Age: 76 years old
- Birthplace: Palermo, Italy
- Current Residence: Italy
- Education: Sapienza University
- Profession: Politician, Lawyer
- Nationality: Italian
- Ethnicity/Race: Sicilian
- Religion: Catholic
- Zodiac: Leo
- Spouse/Wife: Marisa Chiazzese (deceased 2012)
- Children: 3
- Net Worth: Not Available
- Height: Not Available
- Weight: Not Available
- Feet Size: Not Available
- Dress Size: Not Available
- Shoe Size: Not Available
Trivia/ Facts that you probably didn’t know
- He is the current President of Italy since 2015.
- He is the first Sicilian to have held the post.
- His father, Bernardo Mattarella, was an anti-fascist who, alongside Alcide De Gasperi and other prominent Catholic politicians, helped found the Christian Democracy (DC) party.
For information on his political crisis, read the article by Guardian.