Born on March 30, 1965, Piers Morgan is an English broadcaster, journalist, television personality and writer who is the current co-host of TV Breakfast program Good Morning Britain.
Starting his career as a writer for tabloid papers, he was appointed editor of News of the World at the age of 29 making him youngest editor of a British national newspaper in more than 50 years. He is probably best known for being a judge of America’s Got Talent and Britain’s Got Talent. To learn more about him, read the article below.
Before Fame: He attended Harlow College.
Piers Morgan Ethnicity/Religion/Nationality
Born in Newick, Sussex, England, Piers was born as Piers Stefan O’Meara as the son of Cinvent Eamonn O’Meara and Gabrielle Georgina Sybille. His father died when he was 11 months old and mother married Glynne Pughe-Morgan. Piers took his stepfathers surname.
Piers Morgan Affair/Married/Wife
He was married to Marion Shalloe from 1991 to 2008 and the couple have three sons. He is now married to Celia Walden (m. 2010). They have a daughter.
Visit his twitter for more information.
We were lined up in order of ratings-appeal. https://t.co/N08xoXATy1
— Piers Morgan (@piersmorgan) May 13, 2019
Profile / Wiki / Information
- Full Name: Piers Stefan Pughe-Morgan
- Nicknames: Piers Morgan
- Birthday: March 30, 1965
- Age: 54 years old (as of May 2019
- Birthplace: Newick, Sussex, England
- Current Residence: England
- Education: Harlow College
- Profession: broadcaster, journalist, writer, television personality
- Nationality: English
- Ethnicity/Race: White
- Religion: Roman Catholicism
- Zodiac: Aries
- Spouse/Wife: Marion Shalloe (m. 1991; div. 2008), Celia Walden (m. 2010)
- Children: 4
- Height: 6 feet 1 inch (185 cm)
- Weight: 85-85 kg (approx)
- Hair Color: Light Brown
- Eye Color: Blue
Trivia/ Facts that you probably didn’t know
- He currently works on the ITV Breakfast program Good Morning Britain.
- He started his career as a writer and editor for several tabloid papers including The Sun, News of the World and the Daily Mirror.
- He was a judge on America’s Got Talent and Britain’s Got Talent.
- His father died when he 11 months old and mother later married Glynne Pughe-Morgan. Piers took his stepfather’s surname.
- He has authored 8 books.
- It was revealed by Kate Garraway, Good Morning Britain’s co-host that Pier’s mother scolds him if he acts too mean on the show.
- Visit our site for more updates.
There is a type of snobbish, pompous journalist who thinks that the only news that has any validity is war, famine, pestilence or politics. I don’t come from that school.