Born on 1993, Nadia Murad is a human rights activist from Iraq who currently lives in Germany. She is the recipient of 2018 Nobel Peace Prize alongside Denis Mukwege. Nadia is the first Iraqi to be awarded with a Nobel Prize. To learn more about her, read the article below.
Nadia Murad Ethnicity/Religion/Nationality
She was born in Kocho in Iraq. Her family were farmers of the Yazidi ethno-religious minority.
Nadia Murad Affair/Married/Husband
As of July 2019, she is engaged to human rights activist Abid Shamdeen (they got engaged in August 2018). For more information, visit her twitter.
Nadia Murad Explains The Blueprint To Help Religious Communities In Iraq https://t.co/rBvSa0SuTJ
— Nadia Murad (@NadiaMuradBasee) July 24, 2019
Profile / Wiki / Information
- Full Name: Nadia Murad Basee Taha
- Nicknames: Nadia Murad
- Birthday: 1993
- Age: 25-26 years old (as of July 2019)
- Birthplace: Kocho, Iraq
- Current Residence: Germany
- Education: Not Available at the moment
- Profession: human rights activist
- Nationality: Iraqi
- Religion: Muslim
- Zodiac: Not Available
- Spouse/Husband: Not Available
- Children: Not Available
- Net Worth: Not Available
- Height: Not Available
- Weight: Not Available
Trivia/ Facts that you probably didn’t know
- She is a human rights activist.
- She was kidnapped from her hometown in 2014 and was held by the Islamic State for three months.
- In 2018, she and Denis Mukewege were jointly awarded the Nobel Peace Price for “their efforts to end the use of sexual violence as a weapon of war and armed conflict”.
- She is the first Iraqi and Yazidi to be awarded a Nobel Prize.
- She got engaged to Abid Shamdeen in August 2018.
- In 2018, director Alexandria Bombach produced a documentary film called On Her Shoulders that featured Murad’s life story and activism.
- Visit our site for more updates.
“I want to be the last girl in the world with a story like mine.”
-The Last Girl: My Story of Captivity, and My Fight Against the Islamic State