Born on October 24, 1959, Michelle Lujan Grisham is an American lawyer and politician who is serving as the 32nd Governor of New Mexico as a member of the Democratic Party. She became the first Democratic woman elected as a governor of New Mexico and the first Democratic Latina elected state chief executive in the history of the United States.
For more information, read the article below.
Before Fame: She attended University of New Mexico.
Michelle Lujan Grisham Ethnicity/Religion
Michelle was born in Los Alamos, New Mexico to Llewellyn and Sonja Lujan. Her sister was diagnosed with a brain tumor at the age of 2 and died when she was 21 years old.
She has stated that her ancestors have inhabited New Mexico for 12 generations.
Michelle Lujan Grisham Affair/Married/Husband
She was married to Gregory Grisham (m. 1982). Gregory died in 2004 of a bran aneurysm. They had two daughters. For more information, visit her twitter.
Congratulations to George R.R. Martin on another exciting premiere of Game of Thrones! You make New Mexico proud! pic.twitter.com/KRNdsb8Nd1
— MichelleLujanGrisham (@Michelle4NM) April 14, 2019
Profile / Wiki / Information
- Full Name: Michelle Lynn Lujan Grisham
- Nicknames: Michelle Lujan Grisham
- Birthday: October 24, 1959
- Age: 59 years old (as of June 2019)
- Birthplace: Los Alamos, New Mexico, US
- Current Residence: New Mexico, US
- Education: University of New Mexico
- Profession: Lawyer, Politician
- Nationality: American
- Ethnicity/Race: Hispanic
- Religion: Not Available
- Zodiac: Scorpio
- Spouse/Husband: Gregory Grisham (m. 1982; died 2004)
- Children: 2
- Net Worth: Not Available
Who is Alabama Governor Kay Ivey? Learn here.
- Height: Not Available
- Weight: Not Available
— Democratic Governors (@DemGovs) January 17, 2019
Trivia/ Facts that you probably didn’t know
- She is a member of the Democratic Party.
- She has stated that her ancestors have inhabited New Mexico for 12 generations.
- Her grandfather, Eugene Lujan, was Chief Justice of the New Mexico Supreme Court.
- She was a member of the Delta Delta Delta sorority while attending University of New Mexico.
- She started her political career serving as Director of New Mexico’s Agency on Aging under Governors Bruce King, Gary Johnson and Bill Richardson.
- She is pro-choice.
- Lujan Grisham was a cosponsor for the 2015 Assault Weapon Ban H. R. 4269 Bill that was introduced into House legislation in December 12, 2015.
- She supports the regulation of greenhouse gas emissions.
Not Available at the moment.