Born on October 18, 1958, Letitia James is an American lawyer, activist and politician who has won the election for Attorney General for New York defeating Keith Wofford. She is the first African American woman to be nominated by a major party for statewide office in New York. For more information, read the article below.
Before Fame: She attended City University of New York, Howard University, Columbia University.
Letitia James (Tish James) Ethnicity/Religion
Born in Brooklyn, she was born to Nellie and Robert James. She started her career as a public defender for the Legal Aid Society.
Letitia James (Tish James) Affair/Married/Husband
Thank you New York. Tonight we made history.
This is a night for justice, a night for our future.
I am proud to be a New Yorker who knows it's our diversity, strength, courage and determination that makes us great.
As your Attorney General I promise to fight for all of us. pic.twitter.com/J9QkzeALoa
— Tish James (@TishJames) November 7, 2018
Profile / Wiki / Information
- Full Name: Letitia A. “Tish” James
- Nicknames: Letitia James
- Birthday: October 18, 1958
- Age: 60 years old
- Birthplace: New York City, New York, US
- Current Residence: New York, US
- Education: City University of New York, Howard University, Columbia University
- Profession: Lawyer, activist, politician
- Nationality: American
- Ethnicity/Race: African-American
- Religion: Not Available
- Zodiac: Libra
- Spouse/Wife: Not Available
- Children: Not Available
- Net Worth: Not Available
- Height: Not Available
- Weight: Not Available
Trivia/ Facts that you probably didn’t know
- She is a Democrat.
- The first African American woman nominated by a major party for statewide office in New York.
- She has become the Attorney General of New York after defeating Republican Keith Wofford.