Born on August 23, 1978, Kobe Bryant is an American businessman and a former professional basketball player who played his entire 20 years career with the Los Angeles Lakers of the NBA. Bryant is an 18-time All-Star, 15-time member of the All-NBA Team, and 12-time member of the All-Defensive team. He holds the NBA record for the most seasons playing with one franchise for an entire career and is widely regarded as one of the greatest basketball players of all time.
Before Fame: Bryant started playing basketball when he was 3 years old.
Kobe Bryant Parents/Ethnicity/Religion
Born in Philadelphia, Pennsylvania, he was the youngest of three children and the only son of former NBA player Joe Bryant and Pamela Cox Bryant. His parents named him after the famous beef of Kobe, Japan, which they saw on a restaurant menu.
Kobe Bryant Affair/Married/Controversy
He is married to Vanessa Laine. The couple got married on April 18, 2001 and has two daughters. In 2003, Kobe was a part of an affair with a 19-year-old hotel employee, for which he was accused of a sexual assault. After this incident, Kobe admitted to the affair, but both he and Vanessa remained together.
For more information, contact him on twitter and Instagram.
Profile / Wiki / Information
- Full Name: Kobe Bean Bryant
- Nicknames: Kobe, Black Mamba, Mister Clutch
- Birthday: August 23, 1978
- Age: 39 years old
- Birthplace: Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
- Current Residence: United States
- Education: Lower Merion High School
- Profession: Basketball player
- Nationality: American
- Ethnicity/Race: Black
- Religion: Roman Catholic
- Zodiac: Leo
- Spouse/Wife: Vanessa Laine (April 18, 2001)
- Children: 2
- Net Worth: $280 million USD (approx)
- Height: 6′ 4¾” (1.95 m)
- Weight: 96 kg
- Feet Size: 14 US
- Chest Size: 43 inches
- Biceps: 16.5 inches
- Waist Size: 35 inches
- Body Type: Athletic
Trivia/ Facts that you probably didn’t know
- His parents named him after a type of steak (Kobe) seen on a restaurant menu prior to his birth.
- He led the Los Angeles Lakers to five NBA titles in 2000, 2001, 2002, 2009, and 2010.
- He met his wife, Vanessa Laine Bryant, during a visit to the set of one of Snoop Dogg’s video, where she was working as a model.
- 10 million people in China tuned in to watch his final game in the NBA.
I look at a boy like Daniel, who truly is a miracle baby, and I thank God that I’m in a position to help make his world a little brighter. But he made my world a little brighter, too. If I was his Christmas present today, than he was mine.