Born on October 15, 1944, Kay Ivey is an American politician who is serving as the 54th Governor of Alabama since 2017. As a member of the Republican Party, she previously served as 30th Lieutenant Governor of Alabama from 2011 to 2017 and as 38th Alabama State Treasurer from 2003 to 2011. For more information on Kay, read the article below.
Before Fame: She attended Auburn University.
Kay Ivey Ethnicity/Religion
Kay Ivey was born in Camde, Alabama to Boadman Nettles Ivey and Barbara Ivey. Her father was an army major in World War II.
Kay Ivey Affair/Married/Husband
Her relationship status is not available at the moment. For more information, visit her twitter.
Today, I signed into law the Alabama Human Life Protection Act. To the bill’s many supporters, this legislation stands as a powerful testament to Alabamians’ deeply held belief that every life is precious & that every life is a sacred gift from God. https://t.co/DwKJyAjSs8 pic.twitter.com/PIUQip6nmw
— Governor Kay Ivey (@GovernorKayIvey) May 15, 2019
Profile / Wiki / Information
- Full Name: Kay Ellen Ivey
- Nicknames: Kay Ivey
- Birthday: October 15, 1944
- Age: 74 years old (as of May 2019)
- Birthplace: Camden, Alabama, US
- Current Residence: Alabama, US
- Education: Auburn University
- Profession: Politician
- Nationality: American
- Ethnicity/Race: White
- Zodiac: Libra
- Spouse/Husband: Not Available
- Children: Not Available
- Net Worth: Not Available
- Height: Not Available
Trivia/ Facts that you probably didn’t know
- Her father was an army major in World War II.
- She entered politics when in 1979, she was appointed by then Governor Fob James to serve in the cabinet.
- She is a Republican and was a Democrat before 2002.
- She is serving as the 54th Governor of Alabama since 2017.
- Prior to serving as the governor, she was the 38th Alabama State Treasurer from 2003 to 2011 and 30th Lieutenant Governor of Alabama from 2011 to 2017.
- She is the second Alabama’s female governor and first female Republican governor.
- As Governor, she implemented the most restrictive abortion legislation in the country, essentially banning abortion.
Not Available at the moment. For more updates, visit our site.