Born on January 1, 1957, Karen Pence is an American educator, teacher, painted, and the current Second Lady of the United States since 2017. She is the wife of current Vice President of the United States, Mike Pence and was formerly the First Lady of Indiana from January 14, 2013 to January 9, 2017. For more information, read the article below.
Before Fame: She attended Butler University.
Karen Pence Ethnicity/Religion
Born as Karen Sue Batten, she was born to Lillian and John M. Batten. Her parents divorced when she was very young. She grew up in Broad Ripple Village.
Karen Pence Affair/Married/Husband
She was married to John Steven Whitaker. They met in high school. They were married on August 14, 1978. They divorced later.
She met Mike Pence at Mass at St Thomas Aquinas Church. They got engaged after nine months of dating and married on June 8, 1985.
Visit her twitter for more information.
.@SecondLady and I were honored to meet so many inspiring Americans who will join @FLOTUS tonight as @POTUS shares their stories during his #SOTU address. Learn more about them here: https://t.co/tZzl2pQ4F7 pic.twitter.com/5GeGBqFu3l
— Vice President Mike Pence (@VP) February 6, 2019
Profile / Wiki / Information
- Full Name: Karen Sue Pence
- Nicknames: Karen Pence
- Birthday: January 1, 1957
- Age: 62 years old
- Birthplace: Kansas, US
- Education: Butler University
- Profession: Educator, teacher, painter
- Nationality: American
- Ethnicity/Race: White
- Political Party: Republican
- Religion: Christian
- Zodiac: Capricorn
- Spouse/Husband: Steve Whitaker (m. 1978-divorced), Mike Pence (m. 1985-present)
- Children: 3
- Height: Not Available
- Weight: Not Available
Trivia/ Facts that you probably didn’t know
- She was born as Karen Sue Batten.
- She is the current Second Lady of the United States.
- Her husband, Mike Pence, is the current Vice-President of the United States.
- After the birth of her first child, Pence took a class in watercolor painting.
- She was the First Lady of Indiana during her husband’s term as governor of the state from 2013 to 2017.
- She met her first husband while in high school.
- Karen met Mike Pence while she was playing guitar at Mass at St. Thomas Aquinas Church.