Born on January 28, 1947, Jeanne Shaheen is an American politician who is serving as the senior United States Senator from New Hampshire. As a member of the Democratic Party, she previously served as the Governor of New Hampshire.
She is the first Democratic Senator from New Hampshire and the first woman to be elected as both Governor and US Senator in American history. To learn more about her, read the article below.
Before Fame: She attended Shippensburg University and University of Mississippi.
Jeanne Shaheen Ethnicity/Religion
She was born as Cynthia Jeanne Bowers in St. Charles, Minnesota to Belle E. and Ivan E. Bowers. She is a 12 generation descendant of Native American Pocahontas.
Jeanne Shaheen Affair/Married/Husband
She is married to Bill Shaheen. Bill is a Lebanese-American attorney and political operative. They have three children. For more information, visit her twitter.
I am asking every Presidential candidate to stand up for the tens of thousands of young Granite Staters who could lose the right to vote because of a new voter suppression law in NH. Let's send a message to anyone seeking to subvert voting rights. pic.twitter.com/8sAiuMsXtk
— Jeanne Shaheen (@JeanneShaheen) April 22, 2019
Profile / Wiki / Information
- Full Name: Cynthia Jeanne Shaheen
- Nicknames: Jeanne Shaheen
- Birthday: January 28, 1947
- Age: 72 years old (as of May 2019)
- Birthplace: St. Charles, Missouri, US
- Current Residence: New Hampshire, US
- Education: Shippensburg University, University of Mississippi
- Profession: Politician
- Nationality: American
- Ethnicity/Race: Descendant of Native American Pocahontas
- Zodiac: Aquarius
- Spouse/Husband: Bill Shaheen (m. 1972)
- Children: 3
- Net Worth: Not Available
Who is Pete Buttigieg? Learn about him here.
- Height: Not Available
- Weight: Not Available
Trivia/ Facts that you probably didn’t know
- She is a Democrat.
- She is the first female US Senator in New Hampshire.
- She is the first woman elected as both Governor and US Senator in American history.
- She is the current dean of New Hampshire’s Congressional Delegation.
- She is a 12th generation descendant of o Native American Pocahontas.
- She started her political career by serving in campaigns including Jimmy Carter’s presidential campaign.
Low-wage jobs have gone offshore. We need to innovate to stay competitive.
We’re only going to be able to compete in the world if we continue to be innovative.