Born on December 14, 1960, James Comey is an American lawyer who served as the seventh Director of the FBI from September 4, 2014 until his dismissal on May 9, 2017. He was the U.S. Attorney for the Southern District of New York from January 2002 to December 2003, and subsequently the United States Deputy Attorney General from December 2003 to August 2005 in the administration of President George W. Bush. In August 2005, he left the U.S. Department of Justice (DOJ) and became general counsel and senior vice president of Lockheed Martin, based in Bethesda, Maryland. In early 2013, he left Bridgewater to become a Senior Research Scholar and Hertog Fellow on National Security Law at Columbia Law School. To learn more about James, read the article below.
Before Fame: He attended College of William and Mary and University of Chicago.
James Comey Parents/Ethnicity/Religion
Born in Yonkers, New York, he was born to Joan Marie and J. Brien Comey. His grandfather, William J. Comey was an officer and later Commissioner of the Yonkers Police Department. He is of Irish heritage.
James Comey Affair/Married/Wife
Profile / Wiki / Information
- Full Name: James Brien Comey Jr.
- Nicknames: James Comey
- Birthday: December 14, 1960
- Age: 57 years old
- Birthplace: Yonkers, New York, US
- Current Residence: United States
- Education: College of William and Mary, University of Chicago
- Profession: Lawyer
- Nationality: American
- Ethnicity/Race: White
- Religion: Catholic
- Zodiac: Sagittarius
- Spouse/Wife: Patrice Failor
- Children: 5
- Net Worth: $14 million USD (estimated)
- Height: 6 feet 8 inches
- Weight: Not Available
- Feet Size: Not Available
- Dress Size: Not Available
- Shoe Size: Not Available
Trivia/ Facts that you probably didn’t know
- Comey has been a registered Republican for most of his life but has recently described himself as unaffiliated.
- In September 2013, President Barack Obama appointed Comey to the position of Director of the FBI.
- President Donald Trump dismissed him on May 9, 2017.
- During the fall of 2018, he will return to his alma mater, the College of William & Mary, to teach a course of ethical leadership.
- Although Comey was a registered Republican for most of his life, he disclosed during Congressional testimony on July 7, 2016, that he was no longer registered with any party
I was raised by great parents who taught me you don’t care what other people think about you. In my business [as FBI Director] I have to and deeply do – that people have confidence that the system’s not fixed, against black people, for rich people, for powerful people.