Born on July 11, 1946, Ed Markey is an American politician who is currently serving as the junior United States Senator from Massachusetts. As a member of the Democratic Party, he was the US Representative for Massachusetts 7th congressional district from 1976 to 2013. He has served in Congress for more than four decades. To learn more about him, read the article below.
Before Fame: He attended Boston College.
Ed Markey Ethnicity/Religion
Born in Malden, Massachusetts, he was born to Christina M. and John E. Markey. His family was Irish Catholic. He served in US Army Reserve from 1968 to 1973.
Ed Markey Affair/Married/Wife
He has been married to Dr. Susan Blumenthal since 1988. To learn more about him, visit his twitter.
.@JohnDingell was truly one of the greatest FDR Democrats in the modern era. A master legislator, few people in our history, with the exception of US presidents, had such a profound influence on the issues that matter most to Americans. My heart is with @RepDebDingell and family.
— Ed Markey (@SenMarkey) February 8, 2019
Profile / Wiki / Information
- Full Name: Edward John Markey
- Nicknames: Ed Markey
- Birthday: July 11, 1946
- Age: 72 years old
- Birthplace: Malden, Massachusetts, US
- Current Residence: Massachusetts, US
- Education: Boston College
- Profession: Politician
- Nationality: American
- Ethnicity/Race: White
- Religion: Christian
- Zodiac: Cancer
- Spouse/Wife: Susan Blumenthal (m. 1988)
- Children: Not Available
- Net Worth: Not Available
- Height: Not Available
- Weight: Not Available
Trivia/ Facts that you probably didn’t know
- He is a Democrat.
- He is the current junior United States Senator from Massachusetts.
- He has served in Congress for more than 40 years
- He is the dean of Massachusetts congressional delegation.
- He served in the United States Army Reserve from 1968 to 1973.
- He supports gun control, including improved background checks.
- He was one of several politicians who had a cameo role in the 2003 film Gods and Generals, in which he played an Irish Brigade officer.
- Visit our site for more updates.
Although children are only 24 percent of the population, they’re 100 percent of our future and we cannot afford to provide any child with a substandard education.