Born on April 18, 1971, David Tennant is a Scottish actor and voice actor who is best known for his roles as Tenth Doctor in Doctor Who, Alec Hardy in Broadchurch, Giacomo Casanova in Casanova, Kilgrave in Netflix’s Jessica Jones, and as Crowley in Good Omens (2019). For more information, read the article below.
Before Fame: He made his professional acting debut while in secondary school.
David Tennant Ethnicity/Religion/Nationality
David was born as David John McDonald in Bathgate, Scotland to Alexander McDonald and Helen McLeod. He has two siblings. He aspired to be an actor from the age of three because he was a fan of Doctor Who.
David Tennant Affair/Married/Wife
Profile / Wiki / Information
- Full Name: David John Tennant
- Nicknames: David Tennant
- Birthday: April 18, 1971
- Age: 48 years old (as of May 2019)
- Birthplace: Bathgate, West Lothian, Scotland
- Education: Royal Scottish Academy of Music and Drama
- Profession: Actor, Voice Actor
- Nationality: Scottish
- Ethnicity/Race: White
- Religion: Christianity
- Zodiac: Aries
- Spouse/Wife: Georgia Moffett (2011-Present)
- Children: 4
- Net Worth: Not Available
Who are Adam and Aziraphale of Good Omens? Learn about them here.
- Height: 6 feet 1 inch (185 cm)
- Weight: 78-83 kg (approx)
- Feet Size/Shoe Size: Not Available
- Hair Color: Dark Brown
- Eye Color: Dark Brown
Trivia/ Facts that you probably didn’t know
- He attended Royal Scottish Academy of Music and Drama.
- He decided to be an actor at the age of 3.
- He is best known for his roles of DI Alec Hardy in Broadchurch, as the Tenth Doctor in Doctor Who, Kilgrave in Netflix’s Jessica Jones.
- He has worked as a voice actor and in theatre.
- He received National Television Award in 2015 for Special recognition.
- He made his professional acting debut while in secondary school.
- He is a supporter of the Labour Party.
- His wife is the daughter of Peter Davidson who played the Fifth Doctor in Doctor Who.
- His maternal grandfather was footballer Archie McLeod.
I’ve always been a geek and slightly awkward… slightly umm… I was never the cool kid at school.
I’m as happy doing ‘Postman Pat’ as I am doing ‘Hamlet.’