Born on May 20, 1946, Cher is an American singer, actress and television personality who is commonly referred as he Goddess of Pop by media and is known for her singing voice. Having her career spanned for over 6 decades, she has won a Grammy Award, an Emmy Award, an Academy Award, three Golden Globe Awards, a Cannes Film Festival Award, and an award from the Kennedy Center Honors and the Council of Fashion Designers of America.
For more information, read the article below.
Before Fame: She attended Fresno High School but dropped out to pursue her career.
She was born in El Centro, California to John Sarkisian and Georgina Holt. On her father’s side, she has Armenian and American ancestry, whereas, on her mother’s side, she is of English, Irish, German and Cherokee descent.
She was married to Sonny Bono from 1969 to 1975 and to Gregg Allman from 1975 to 1979. She has two children. Visit her instagram for more updates.
Profile / Wiki / Information
- Full Name: Cherilyn Sarkisian
- Nicknames: Cher, Goddess of Pop
- Birthday: May 20, 1946
- Age: 73 years old (as of September 2019)
- Birthplace: El Centro, California, US
- Current Residence: Untied States
- Education: Fresno High School
- Profession: Actress, singer, television host
- Nationality: American
- Ethnicity/Race: Caucasian
- Religion: Buddhism
- Zodiac: Taurus
- Spouse/Husband: Sonny Bono (m. 1969; div. 1975) Gregg Allman (m. 1975; div. 1979)
- Children: 2
- Net Worth: She is a millionaire
- Height: 5 ft 8½ in or 174 cm
- Weight: 60 kg (approx)
- Feet Size/Shoe Size: 8 (US)
- Dress Size: 8 (US)
- Chest Size: 36 inches
- Hips Size: 36 inches
- Waist Size: 26 inches
- Bra Size/ Breast Size: 34B
Trivia/ Facts that you probably didn’t know
- She is commonly referred by the media as the Goddess of pop.
- She is known for her singing voice and having worked in numerous areas of entertainment.
- Her career has spanned over 6 decades.
- She gained popularity as one-half of the folk rock husband-wife duo Sonny & Cher.
- She became a television personality in the 1970s with the shows The Sonny & Cher Comedy Hour.
- She made her Broadway debut in the play Come Back to the Five and Dime, Jimmy Dean, Jimmy Dean.
- She has won a Grammy Award, an Emmy Award, an Academy Award, three Golden Globe Awards, a Cannes Film Festival Award, and an award from the Kennedy Center Honors and the Council of Fashion Designers of America.
- She is also a political and social activist.
Until you’re ready to look foolish, you’ll never have the possibility of being great.
If grass can grow through cement, love can find you at every time in your life.
Visit our site for more updates.