Born on December 13, 1978, BJ Penn is an American mixed martial artist and Brazilian Jiu-Jitsu practitioner who debuted and competed in the UFC and later in K-1. UFC President Dana White credits Penn as the man who brought the lower weight divisions into the mainstream of mixed martial arts and is often credited as the greatest Lightweight combatant in mixed martial arts history. For more information, read the article below.
Before Fame: He started learning Brazilian Jiu-Jitsu in 1997.
BJ Penn Ethnicity/Religion
He was born in Hawaii to Jay Dee Penn, Irish American and Loraine Shin, a Korean American.
BJ Penn Affair/Married
His relationship status is not available. However, we do know that he has 2 children. For more information, visit his twitter.
— BJ Penn (@bjpenndotcom) August 27, 2019
Profile / Wiki / Information
- Full Name: Jay Dee Penn III
- Nicknames: BJ Penn
- Birthday: December 13, 1978
- Age: 40 years old (as of August 2019)
- Birthplace: Hawaii, United States
- Current Residence: Hilo, Hawaii
- Education: Not Available
- Profession: mixed martial-artist, Brazilian Jiu-Jitsu practitioner
- Nationality: American
- Ethnicity/Race: Multiracial
- Religion: Not Available
- Zodiac: Sagittarius
- Spouse/Wife: Not Available
- Children: 2
- Net Worth: He is probably a millionaire
- Height: 5 feet 9 inches (175 cm)
- Weight: 145 lbs (66 kg)
- Feet Size/Shoe Size: Not Available
- Chest Size: Not Available
- Biceps: Not Available
Trivia/ Facts that you probably didn’t know
- He is a professional mixed martial artist and Brazilian Jiu-Jitsu practitioner.
- Prior to fighting for the UFC, he became the first American Gold Medalist of the world Jiu-Jitsu Championship.
- In mixed martial arts, Penn has competed in the Featherweight, Lightweight, Welterweight, and Middleweight divisions.
- UFC President Dana White credits Penn as the man who brought the lower weight divisions into the mainstream of mixed martial arts.
- He was born to Irish-American father and Korean-American mother.
- He began training Brazilian Jiu-Jitsu in 1997.
- His nickname BJ is for “Baby Jay”. It is because he is the youngest of his brothers all named “jay Dee Penn”.
Not Available at the moment. For more information, visit our site.