Born on April 3, 1969, Ben Mendelsohn is an Australian actor who rose to fame for his roles in The Year My Voice Broke and in Animal Kingdom. He has appeared in many films including The Dark Knight Rises, Darkest Hour, Ready Player One and much more.
He appears as Henry IV in The King (2019).
Before Fame: He trained at Heidelberg Theater Company.
Ben Mendelsohn Ethnicity/Religion
He was born in Melbourne, Victoria to Carole Ann and Frederick Arthur Oscar Mendelsohn. He is the oldest of two siblings.
Ben Mendelsohn Affair/Married/Wife
He was married to Emma Forrest. They were married from 2012 to 2016. He has two daughters; one from Forrest and one from previous relationship. For more information, visit his twitter.
— IMDb (@IMDb) March 11, 2018
Profile / Wiki / Information
- Full Name: Paul Benjamin Mendelsohn
- Nicknames: Ben Mendelsohn
- Birthday: April 3, 1969
- Age: 50 years old (as of September 2019)
- Birthplace: Melbourne, Victoria, Australia
- Education: Eltham High & Banyule High Schools, Heidelberg Theater Company
- Profession: Actor
- Nationality: Australian
- Ethnicity/Race: White
- Religion: Not Available
- Zodiac: Aries
- Spouse/Wife: Emma Forrest (m. 2012 – div. 2016)
- Children: 2
- Net Worth: Not Available
Who is King Henry V of England ‘Hal’ of The King? Learn more here.
- Height: 5 feet 11 inches (180 cm)
- Weight: 78 kg (approx)
- Hair Color: Not known exactly
- Eye Color: Blue
Trivia/ Facts that you probably didn’t know
- He rose to fame for his role in The Year My Voice Broke (1987).
- His paternal grandfather was from a Polish German background.
- He got into acting after taking a Drama class as he thought it would be easy to pass.
- He has claimed that he has written several books under a pseudonym.
- He did voice acting on the Interlude and Intro tracks of Gorillaz’s album Humanz (2017).
- He appears as Henry IV in The King (2019).
I never felt like someone who was boyish and coming to terms with asking girls out or anything like that, which was what The Big Steal and Spotswood were about. But I guess that’s the impression I left on people. I’d wanna be playing men by now. I’d be in trouble if I wasn’t.
I think if you have to kiss or kill someone on screen then it’s a good idea to talk about it beforehand, just because it makes it easier to go where you need to go.