So the 2018 primaries are happening and that has brought politicians to the limelight again and everybody is talking about politics; despite the side you’re affiliated to. (Don’t go to the dark side though!), and a politician that has been on the limelight is Antonio Villaraigosa , a Democratic candidate for the Governor of California. Villaraigosa is the first Latino/a/x mayor of Los Angeles who got elected to the position in 2005. That was a first since 1872. Villaraigosa was elected for two terms to serve till 2013.
He has previously thought of running for the gubernatorial position back in 2010 but had decided against it. And now in 2018, he has announced his bid for the governor, with his prime focus on “education, poverty and Californians left behind in the ‘new economy’”. You can take a look at his campaign promises on his website, and also check out the campaign Instagram.
Before Fame: Villaraigosa was a speaker of the state Assembly from 1998 to 2000.
Antonio Villaraigosa Parents/Ethnicity/Religion
Villaraigosa’s father abandoned his family when he was 5 years old. He says that he went off the rails when he was a teen and then later straightened himself out to study law.
Antonio Villaraigosa Affair/Married/Wife
Villaraigosa was married to Corina Raigosa in 1987 and then later divorced in 2007, after the controversial event of him having an extramarital affair with a local television reporter, while being the mayor. He later married Patricia Govea, a Mexican-born, in 2016. He has four children with his ex-wife.
Profile / Wiki / Information
Personal Information on Antonio Villaraigosa
- Full Name: Antonio R. Villaraigosa
- Nicknames: Anthony
- Birthday: Jan 23, 1953
- Age in 2018: 65 years
- Birthplace: Los Angeles, California
- Current Residence: Los Angeles, California
- Education: University of California at Los Angeles
- Profession: Politician
- Nationality: American
- Ethnicity/Race: Hispanic
- Religion: Roman Catholic
- Spouse/Wife: Patricia Govea
- Children: 4 children
- Net Worth: $1 million
- Height: N/A
- Weight: N/A
- Feet Size: N/A
- Dress Size: N/A
- Shoe Size: N/A
- Chest Size: N/A
- Biceps: N/A
- Body Type: Average
- Hair Color: Black
- Eye Color: Brown
Trivia/ Facts that you probably didn’t know
- Villaraigosa has an extra-marital affair with a local television reporter leading to his divorce.
- He served on the Transition Economic Advisory Board for President Obama.
- When he left the Mayor position in 2013, he had “no job, no house, and no car.”
- He was a high-school dropout until his teacher Herman Katz, gave him a second shot.
- Patricia Govea, his second wife, was born in Mexico and came to the U.S. in 2004.
I’m not one of the people who have to be in the public office.