Anthony Bourdain (June 25, 1956 – June 8, 2018) was an American celebrity chef, author, and television personality who was known as one of the most influential chefs in the world. He first became known for his 2000 book Kitchen Confidential: Adventures in the Culinary Underbelly. For more information, read the article below.
Before Fame: He said that his love of food was aroused in his youth while on a family vacation in France, when he tried his first oyster on an oyster fisherman’s boat.
Anthony Bourdain Parents/Ethnicity/Religion
Born in New York City, he grew up in Leonia, New Jersey. His parents were Pierre Bourdain (d. 1987) and Gladys Bourdain. Bourdain said he was raised without religion, and that his family was Catholic on his father’s side and Jewish on his mother’s.
Anthony Bourdain Affair/Married/Wife
Who is Nancy Putkoski: Ex-wife of Anthony Bourdain?
Profile / Wiki / Information
- Full Name: Anthony Michael Bourdain
- Nicknames: Anthony
- Birthday: June 25, 1956
- Death: June 8, 2018
- Age: 61 years old (at the time of death)
- Birthplace: New York City, New York, US
- Education: Vassar College, The Culinary Institute of America
- Profession: Chef, author, television personality
- Nationality: American
- Ethnicity/Race: White
- Religion: His father was Catholic while his mother was Jewish
- Zodiac: Cancer
- Spouse/Wife: Nancy Putkoski (m. 1985; div. 2005) Ottavia Busia (m. 2007; div. 2016)
- Children: 1
- Net Worth: $16 million USD
- Height: 6 feet 4 inches
- Weight: 80 kg (177 lbs)
- Feet Size: Not Available
- Dress Size: Not Available
- Shoe Size: Not Available
- Chest Size: Not Available
Trivia/ Facts that you probably didn’t know
- He studied at Vassar College, worked for some time in the seafood restaurants of Provincetown, Massachusetts, and graduated from the Culinary Institute of America before running kitchens at New York City’s Supper Club, One Fifth Avenue and Sullivan’s.
- His father was of French, and some Spanish, ancestry, with family that had lived in Brazil, Uruguay, and Paraguay. Anthony’s mother was of Ukrainian Jewish and Austrian Jewish descent.
- He was noted as one of the most influential chefs in the world.
- He wrote that his love of food was aroused in his youth while on a family vacation in France, when he tried his first oyster on an oyster fisherman’s boat.
Meals make the society, hold the fabric together in lots of ways that were charming and interesting and intoxicating to me. The perfect meal, or the best meals, occur in a context that frequently has very little to do with the food itself.