Andrew Clement G. Serkis, known as Andy Serkis, is a well acclaimed British actor and director who is mostly known for his motion capture and his roles as Gollum in the The Lord of the Rings trilogy, Caesar in the Dawn of the Planet of the Apes and Kong in the movie, King Kong by Peter Jackson. Born in Middlesex, England in April 20,1964, Andy Serkis should have earned the Oscars for the Best Supporting Actor category for his role of Gollum, critics always point out.
Andy Serkis studied Visual Arts at Lancaster University, and while there got interested in theatre studies. He performed in many plays such as the Royal Theatre’s production of Macbeth in 1989.
Andy Serkis Parents
Andy’s father was Clement Serkis, an ethnic Armenian doctor working in Iraq. His mother was Lylie Serkis (Weech) was a British-born, working as a teacher for the handicapped children. Andy used to travel between Baghdad and London during the former years of his life because of his father being stationed in Iraq. Andy has four siblings.
Is Andy Serkis Married? Does he have children?
Andy Serkis married Lorraine Ashbourne in 2002. He has two sons Louis and Sonny and a daughter, Ruby. He has a happy family.
Andy Serkis and Stephen Colbert
Andy Serkis appeared in The Late Show with Stephen Colbert where he read President Trump’s tweets in the voice of Gollum. Watch the video here.
Profile / Wiki / Information
- Full Name: Andrew Clement Sarkisian
- Nicknames: Andy, Gollum
- Birthday: 20 April 1964
- Age in 2017: 53
- Birthplace: Middlesex, England
- Current Residence: England
- Education: Lancaster University
- Profession: Actor, Motion capture
- Nationality: English, British
- Ethnicity/Race: Armenian Descent
- Religion: Catholic
- Zodiac: Taurus
- Spouse/Wife: Lorraine Ashbourne
- Children: Ruby, Sonny, Louis (3)
- Net Worth: $23 million
- Height: 5 feet 8 inches (1.73 metres)
- Weight: N/A
- Feet Size: N/A
- Dress Size: N/A
- Shoe Size: N/A
- Chest Size: N/A
- Biceps: N/A
- Body Type: Athletic
- Hair Color: Black
- Eye Color: Blue
Trivia/ Facts that you probably didn’t know
- His first acting award was a Manchester Evening News Best Actor award for his performance in
- He has thrice co-starred with Jamie Bell.
- Andy uses his Gollum voice on his children time to time.
- His family name is Sarkisian originally.
Gollum is Gollum – though in ‘Lord of the Rings’ he’s 600 years old and in ‘The Hobbit’ he’s 540, so he looks a little bit more handsome.