Born on August 1, 1963, Amber Rudd is a British Conservative politician who is known for serving as Home Secretary from 2016 to 2018. She previously served as Secretary of State for Energy and Climate Change from 2015 to 2016 after being the Parliamentary Undersecretary of State in the same department from 2014. Appointed on July 13 2016, she was the third female to hold the position.
She resigned from her position as Home Secretary on April 29, 2018 after 200 MPs sign letter accusing her of making up immigration policy ‘on the hoof’. She stepped down after it was revealed by Guardian that she was aware of targets for removing illegal migrants from Britain and after it was revealed by therevealed that in a leaked 2017 letter to Theresa May, Rudd had told the prime minister of her intention to increase deportations by 10% – seemingly at odds with her recent denials that she was aware of deportation targets.
Before Fame: She attended University of Edinburgh.
Amber Rudd Parents/Ethnicity/Religion
Born on 1 August, 1963, she was born to Tony Rudd and Ethne Fitzgerald. She is the fourth child of her parents.
Amber Rudd Affair/Life/Dating
She was married to writer and critic A. A. Gill in 1990 but divorced in 1995. They had two children. Gill died in December 2016. Amber has been in relationship with fellow MP Kwasi Kwarteng since 2009/10. For more information, visit her twitter.
Earlier today the High Commissioner for Barbados Guy Hewitt and I met the UK Visas and Immigration staff in Croydon who are helping the Windrush generation, who are part of our society and have contributed so much, get the documents they need. pic.twitter.com/NXerCCKPFL
— Amber Rudd MP (@AmberRuddHR) April 23, 2018
Profile / Wiki / Information
- Full Name: Amber Augusta Rudd
- Nicknames: Amber
- Birthday: August 1, 1963
- Age: 54 years old
- Gender: Female
- Birthplace: Marylebone, London
- Current Residence: United Kingdom
- Education: University of Edinburgh
- Profession: Politician
- Nationality: British
- Ethnicity/Race: White
- Religion: Not Available
- Zodiac: Leo
- Spouse/Wife: A. A. Gill (1990-1995)
- Children: 2
- Net Worth: Not Available
- Height: 5 feet 10 inches
- Weight: Not Available
- Feet Size: Not Available
- Dress Size: Not Available
- Shoe Size: Not Available
- Chest Size: Not Available
- Biceps: Not Available
- Bra Size/ Breast Size: Not Available
Trivia/ Facts that you probably didn’t know
- She is a British Conservative politician.
- She served as Home Secretary from 2016 to 2018.
- She was appointed Home secretary on July 13, 2016.
- She was the third female to hold the position of Home Secretary.
- Rudd became a director of the investment company Lawnstone Limited at the age of 24 in January 1988, taking over from her sister and brother-in-law.
- Rudd has been in an on-off relationship with fellow Conservative MP Kwasi Kwarteng since 2009 or 2010.
We need to make sure that organizations like WhatsApp, and there are plenty of others like that, don’t provide a secret place for terrorists to communicate with each other, we need to make sure that our intelligence services do have the ability to go into situations like encrypted WhatsApp.
visit our site for updates.