Born on February 9, 1979, Zhang Ziyi is a Chinese actress and model who is considered one of the Four Dan Actresses on China and is one of the most well-known actresses of Asia. Rising to popularity after her role in The Road Home, she achieved fame for her role in Crouching Tiger: Hidden Dragon. Zhang is best known for her appearances in Rush Hour 2 (2001), Hero (2002), House of Flying Daggers (2004), 2046 (2004) and The Banquet (2006). For more information, read the article below.
Before Fame: She attended Central Academy of Drama.
Zhang Ziyi Parents/Ethnicity/Religion
Born and raised in Beijing, China, she is the daughter of Zhang Yuanxiao and Li Zhuosheng. She has an older brother, Zhang Zinan. In 1996, Zhang entered the prestigious Central Academy of Drama in Beijing at the age of 17.
Zhang Ziyi Affair/Dating/Married
Profile / Wiki / Information
- Full Name: Zhang Ziyi
- Nicknames: Zhang
- Birthday: February 9, 1979
- Age: 39 years old
- Birthplace: Beijing, China
- Current Residence: China
- Education: Central Academy of Drama
- Profession: Actress, Model
- Nationality: Chinese
- Ethnicity/Race: Han
- Zodiac: Aquarius
- Spouse/Wife: Wang Feng (m. 2015)
- Children: 1
- Net Worth: $15 million USD
- Height: 5 feet 5 inches (165 cm)
- Weight: 48 kg (106 lbs)
- Feet Size: Not Available
- Dress Size: Not Available
- Shoe Size: Not Available
- Chest Size: 32 inches
- Waist Size: 24 inches
- Hip Size: 34 inches
- Bra Size/ Breast Size: 32B
- Eye Color: Black
Trivia/ Facts that you probably didn’t know
- Her first appearance in an American movie was in Rush Hour 2 (2001), but as she didn’t speak English, Jackie Chan had to translate everything the director said to her. In that movie, her character’s name, “Hu Li” translated from Mandarin Chinese is “Fox”.
- She graduated from Central Drama Academy, the top acting college in China.
- She is considered one of the Four Dan Actresses of China.
- From 2004 to 2010, Zhang ranked in the Top 5 of Forbes China Celebrity 100 list every year.
- In 2013, she received the French Cultural Order at the Ordre des Arts et des Lettres.
- She was previously engaged to Israeli venture capitalist Vivi Nevo.
You know, I never think I can become an actress. But it happened. Not because I dreamed it, but because it happened.