Born on October 29, 1971, Winona Ryder is an American actress who is recognized as one of the most successful and iconic actresses of the 1990s. She made her film debut in the film Lucas.(1986). Since 2016, she has starred as Joyce Byers in the Netflix supernatural-horror series Stranger Things, for which she has garnered Golden Globe and SAG nominations. Read the article below for more information.
Before Fame: She attended and graduated from Petaluma High School in Petaluma, California with a 4.0 GPA (1989).
Winona Ryder Parents/Ethnicity/Religion
Born in Minnesota, she is the daughter of Cynthia Palmer and Michael Horowitz. Her father is Jewish (his family emigrated from Russia and Romania), and Ryder has described herself as Jewish.
Profile / Wiki / Information
- Full Name: Winona Laura Horowitz
- Nicknames: Winona Ryder
- Birthday: October 29, 1971
- Age: 46 years old
- Birthplace: Olmsted County, Minnesota
- Current Residence: United States
- Education: Petaluma High School
- Profession: Actress
- Nationality: American
- Ethnicity/Race: White
- Religion: Her father is an Atheist while her mother is a Buddhist
- Zodiac: Scorpio
- Net Worth: Not Available
- Height: 5 feet 3½ in / 161 cm
- Weight: 52 kg / 115 lbs
- Dress Size: 4 (US)
- Shoe Size: 7 (US)
- Chest Size: 36 inches
- Waist Size: 24 inches
- Hips Size: 35 inches
- Bra Size/ Breast Size: 32D
- Body Type: Slim
- Hair Color: Blonde naturally
- Eye Color: Dark Brown
Trivia/ Facts that you probably didn’t know
- Her real hair color is blonde but when she made her first major film Lucas (1986), her hair color was dyed black. She was told to keep it that color and with the exception of Edward Scissorhands (1990), it has stayed that color since.
- She attended and graduated from Petaluma High School in Petaluma, California with a 4.0 GPA (1989).
- She briefly checked herself into a hospital when she was 20, because she was suffering from depression, anxiety attacks and exhaustion, resulting from constantly working on films.
- She was awarded a Star on the Hollywood Walk of Fame at 7018 Hollywood Boulevard in Hollywood, California on October 6, 2000.
- Although there was no electricity on the commune where they lived, when Winona was seven, her mother began to run an old movie theater in a nearby barn and would screen movies all day. She allowed Winona to miss school to watch movies with her.
- In late 1999, she started her own music company, Roustabout Studios.
I read biographies of the greats, and they were so messed up that I thought I’d better mess myself up. But I couldn’t. I’m too small.
My father is an atheist. My mother is Buddhist. They encouraged my siblings and me to take the best part of other religions to make our own belief system.