Born on November 13, 1955, Whoopi Goldberg is an American actor, comedian, author and television personality who rose to fame for her role in the drama film The Color Purple and won Academy Award for Best Supporting Actress for her role as Oda Mae Brown in the film Ghost.
She is the second black woman to win an Academy Award for acting.
To learn more about her, read the article below.
Whoopi Goldberg Ethnicity/Religion
Whoopi was born in New York City as Caryn Elaine Johnson to Robert James Johnson Jr. and Emma Johnson. She has stated that her stage name “Whoopi” was taken from a whoopee cushion.
Whoopi Goldberg Affair/Married/Husband
She has been married three times. Here are her spouse names:
Alvin Martin (m. 1973; div. 1979)
David Claessen (m. 1986; div. 1988)
Lyle Trachtenberg (m. 1994; div. 1995)
Profile / Wiki / Information
- Full Name: Caryn Elaine Johnson
- Nicknames: Whoopi Goldberg
- Birthday: November 13, 1955
- Age: 63 years old (as of June 2019)
- Birthplace: New York City, US
- Current Residence: United States
- Education: Washington Irving High School (drop-out)
- Profession: Actor, comedian, television personality, author
- Nationality: American
- Ethnicity/Race: Black
- Religion: Not Available
- Zodiac: Scorpio
- Spouse/Husband: Alvin Martin (m. 1973; div. 1979) David Claessen (m. 1986; div. 1988) Lyle Trachtenberg (m. 1994; div. 1995)
- Children: 1
- Net Worth: Not Available
— Whoopi Goldberg (@WhoopiGoldberg) February 5, 2019
- Height: 5 feet 5 inches (165 cm)
- Weight: 78 kg (approx)
- Feet Size/Shoe Size: 11 (US)
- Chest Size: Not Available
- Hair Color: Black
Trivia/ Facts that you probably didn’t know
- She is the second black woman to win an Academy Award for acting.
- She rose to fame for her role in the drama film The Color Purple.
- She won Academy Award for Best Supporting Actress for her role as Oda Mae Brown in the film Ghost.
- She has been the moderator of the talk show The View since 2007.
- In terms of television, she is known for her role on Star Trek: The Next Generation.
- She has stated that her stage name was taken from a Whoopee cushion.
- She developed a fear of flying after she witnessed a midair collision of 2 planes in San Diego.
- She has been married three times and has been romantically linked with actors Frank Langella, Timothy Dalton, and Ted Danson.
- In 2017, she was named a Disney Legend for her contributions to the Walt Disney Company.
- Visit our site for more updates.
I am the American Dream. I am the epitome of what the American Dream basically said. It said you could come from anywhere and be anything you want in this country. That’s exactly what I’ve done.