Born on March 7, 1964, Wanda Sykes is an American actress, comedian and writer who is known for her work as a writer on The Chris Rock Show and her role as Barb Barab on CBS’ The New Adventure of Old Christine. She was named as one of the 25 funniest people in American in 2004 by Entertainment Weekly. For more information, read the article below.
Before Fame: She attended Hampton University.
Wanda Sykes Ethnicity/Religion
Wanda was born in Portsmouth, Virginia to Marion Louise and Harry Ellsworth Sykes. Her father was a US Army colonel employed at the Pentagon.
Walda Sykes Affair/Married/Dating/Wife
She was married to Dave Hall from 1991 to 1998. In November 2008, she publicly came out as a lesbian at a same-sex marriage rally in Las Vegas.
She is now married to Alex Niedbalski. They married in 2008 and are parents to a twin.
Profile / Wiki / Information
- Full Name: Wanda Yvette Sykes
- Nicknames: Wanda Sykes
- Birthday: March 7, 1964
- Age: 55 years old (as of May 2019)
- Birthplace: Portsmouth, Virginia, US
- Current Residence: California, New York and Pennsylvania
- Education: Hampton University
- Profession: Actress, comedian, writer
- Nationality: American
- Ethnicity/Race: African-American
- Religion: Not Available
- Zodiac: Pisces
- Spouse/Wife: Dave Hall (m. 1991; div. 1998), Alex Niedbalski (m. 2008)
- Children: 2
- Net Worth: Not Available
- Height: 5 feet 2 inches (157 cm)
- Weight: 55 kg (approx)
- Feet Size/Shoe Size: 10 (US)
- Dress Size: 4 (US)
Trivia/ Facts that you probably didn’t know
- She rose to fame for her work as a writer on The Chris Rock Show.
- She was named one of the 25 funniest people in American in 2004.
- Her father, was a US Army Colonel employed at the Pentagon.
- Her first job was as a contracting specialist at the National Security Agency where she worked for 5 years.
- She started her career as a stand-up comedian after being dissatisfied with her work in NSA.
- She publicly came out as a lesbian in November 2008 at a same-sex marriage rally in Las Vegas.
- Visit our site for more updates.
If you feel like there’s something out there that you’re supposed to be doing, if you have a passion for it, then stop wishing and just do it.