Born on December 19, 1970, Tyson Beckford is an American model and actor who is best known as a Ralph Lauren Polo model and is considered as the most successful male supermodel of all time. He was named as the greatest model of all time in 2014 by the Vogue magazine. He was the host of the Bravo program Make Me a Supermodel and is also one of the hosts of Ireland and British’s next top model. Besides modeling, he has also appeared in movies including Zoolander, Supermodel, Trois 2 and so on. For more information, read the article below.
Before Fame: In 1992, he was recruited to hip hop magazine The Source by a talent scout, Jeff Jones.
Tyson Beckford Parents/Ethnicity/Religion
Born in Rochester, New York, he was born to Lloyd Beckford, an Afro-American father of Panamanian descent and Hillary Dixon Hall, a Chinese Jamaican descent. He was often teased about his looks during his school years.
Tyson Beckford Affair/Dating/Girlfriend/Wife
Profile / Wiki / Information
- Full Name: Tyson Craig Beckford
- Nicknames: Tyson
- Birthday: December 19, 1970
- Age: 40 years old
- Birthplace: Bronx, New York, US
- Current Residence: Miami, Florida, US
- Education: Not Available
- Profession: Model
- Nationality: American
- Ethnicity/Race: Multiracial
- Religion: Not Available
- Zodiac: Sagittarius
- Spouse/Wife: Not Available
- Children: 1 (Jordan Beckford)
- Net Worth: $16 million USD
Who is Cardi B? Learn more about her here.
- Height: 6 feet (183 cm)
- Weight: Not Available
- Feet Size: Not Available
- Dress Size: Not Available
- Shoe Size: Not Available
- Chest Size: Not Available
- Biceps: Not Available
- Hair Color: Black
- Eye Color: Brown
Trivia/ Facts that you probably didn’t know
- His father is of Afro-Jamaican descent while his mother is of Chinese Jamaican
- During his school years, he was often teased about his looks.
- In 1993, Beckford was recruited by Ralph Lauren as the front model for the company’s Polo line of male sportswear.
- He was ranked at 38 on VH1’s 40 Hottest Hotties of the ’90s
- On June 7, 2005, Beckford was injured in a car accident in Secaucus, New Jersey.
- He is an Ambassador for the non-profit Kick 4 Life.
- He is one of the hosts for British and Irelands next top model.
- He was named as the greatest male model of all time by Vogue Magazine in 2014.
In fashion, there’s a lack of strong male images. And there’s a huge lack of strong African American images. I noticed over the past thirteen years, Ralph and those guys have used guys that looked similar to me. And I was happy for those guys, but eventually I said, ‘Enough is enough, I’m just going to go in and take my job back.’