Born on May 13, 1964, Stephen Colbert is an American comedian, writer, actor, producer and television host who is best known for being the host of satirical Comedy Central program The Colbert Show and the CBS talk program The Late Show with Stephen Colbert. He is the winner of nine Primetime Emmy Awards, two Grammy Awards and two Peabody Awards. He was also named one of Time’s 100 Most Influential People in 2006 and 2012. For more information, read the article below.
Before Fame: He attended Northwestern University.
Stephen Colbert Ethnicity/Religion
He was born in Washington D.C, as the youngest of 11 children in a Catholic family. He grew up in James Island, South Carolina. He is the son of James William Colbert Jr. and Lorna Elizabeth Colbert.
Stephen Colbert Affair/Married/Wife
Profile / Wiki / Information
- Full Name: Stephen Tyrone Colbert
- Nicknames: Stephen Colbert
- Birthday: May 13, 1964
- Age: 54 years old
- Birthplace: Washington D.C., US
- Current Residence: United States
- Education: Northwestern University
- Profession: comedian, writer, producer, actor, television host
- Nationality: American
- Ethnicity/Race: White
- Religion: Christian (raised in a Catholic family)
- Zodiac: Taurus
- Spouse/Wife: Evelyn McGee (m. 1993)
- Children: 3
- Net Worth: $50 million USD (estimated)
- Height: Not Available
- Weight: Not Available
- Feet Size/Shoe Size: Not Available
Trivia/ Facts that you probably didn’t know
- He originally studied to be a dramatic actor.
- Colbert has won nine Primetime Emmy Awards, two Grammy Awards, and two Peabody Awards.
- His book, I’m American was listed number 1 on The New York Times Best Seller list in 2007.
- He is the youngest of 11 children in a Catholic family.
- He started his career when he was in college.
- He is best known for being the host of satirical The Colbert Report from 2005 to 2014.
- He grew up in a Catholic family.
- visit our site for information on similar personalities.
Cynicism masquerades as wisdom, but it is the furthest thing from it. Because cynics don’t learn anything. Because cynicism is a self-imposed blindness: a rejection of the world because we are afraid it will hurt us or disappoint us. Cynics always say ‘no.’ But saying ‘yes’ begins things. Saying ‘yes’ is how things grow.