Born on October 8, 1970, Sadiq Khan is a British politician of the Labour Party serving as Mayor of London since 2016 and was the Member of Parliament for Tooting from 2005 to 2016. For more information, read the article below.
Before Fame: He attended University of North London and University of Law.
Sadiq Khan Parents/Religion/Ethnicity
Born in Tooting, South London, he was born to a working-class Sunni Muslim family. He is the son of Amanullah and mother Sehrun. He was the fifth of eight children.
Sadiq Khan Affair/Married/Children
He is married to Saadiya Ahmed, a fellow solicitor in 1994. They have two children. For more information, visit his twitter.
One year on from the horrific Westminster terrorist attack, today we pay tribute to PC Keith Palmer, Kurt Cochran, Andreea Cristea, Aysha Frade and Leslie Rhodes. We stand with their loved ones in remembrance and solidarity. #LondonUnited #MQTpic.twitter.com/NkAOR3lwPO
— Sadiq Khan (@SadiqKhan) March 22, 2018
Profile / Wiki / Information
- Full Name: Sadiq Aman Khan
- Nicknames: Sadiq
- Birthday: October 8, 1970
- Age: 47 years old
- Birthplace: Tooting, London, England
- Current Residence: England
- Education: University of North London, University of Law
- Profession: Politician
- Political Party: Labour
- Nationality: British
- Religion: Muslim
- Zodiac: Libra
- Spouse/Wife: Saadiya Ahmed (m. 1994)
- Children: 2
- Net Worth: $900,000 USD (approx)
- Height: Not Available
- Weight: Not Available
- Feet Size: Not Available
- Dress Size: Not Available
- Shoe Size: Not Available
Trivia/ Facts that you probably didn’t know
- His grandparents migrated from Lucknow in United Provinces, British India to Pakistan following the partition of India in 1947.
- He was the fifth of eight children, all but one of whom were boys.
- Before entering the House of Commons in 2005, Khan practised as a solicitor.
- In January 2013 and 2015, he was nominated for the Politician of the Year Award at the British Muslim Awards.
The story of the British empire helps to explain the roots of most British people: white, black, and Asian.