Born on October 4, 1957, Russell Simmons is an American producer, entrepreneur and author who is the co-founder of hip-hop music label Def Jam Recordings and created the clothing fashion lines Phat Farm. Russell said Thursday he is stepping down from his companies in the wake of two accusations of sexual misconduct. For more information, read the article below.
Before Fame: He attended City College of New York.
Russell Simmons Parents/Ethnicity/Religion
Russell was born in Queens, New York. His father is a public school administrator and mother is a New York City park administrator. His brothers are painter Daniel Simmons Jr. and Rev run of Run-DMC.
Russell Simmons Affair/Married/Partner
Profile / Wiki / Information
- Full Name: Russell Wendell Simmons
- Nicknames: Russell
- Birthday: October 4, 1957
- Age: 60 years old
- Birthplace: Queens, New York, US
- Current Residence: United States
- Education: City College of New York
- Profession: Entrepreneur, Producer, author
- Nationality: American
- Ethnicity/Race: African-American
- Religion: Not Available
- Zodiac: Libra
- Spouse/Wife: Kimora Lee (1998-2009)
- Partner: Hana Nitshe (2012-2013)
- Children: 2
- Net Worth: $340 million USD
- Height: 5 feet 9 inches (175 cm)
- Weight: 86 kg (189 lbs)
- Feet Size: Not Available
- Dress Size: Not Available
- Shoe Size: Not Available
- Chest Size: Not Available
Trivia/ Facts that you probably didn’t know
- He Co-founded Def Jam Recordings with Rick Rubin in 1984.
- In 1992 he founded Phat Farm, a popular brand of urban clothing (wife Kimora Lee Simmons later launched her own extension of the line, called Baby Phat).
- He is a vegan.
- Tyra Banks is the godmother of his daughter Ming Lee.
The drug laws took innocent diseased people, locked them up, educated them in criminal behavior and dumped them back in the hood without a chance for employment or any opportunity to be good parts of society. That’s why I occupied Wall Street. That’s why I slept in the park. Only once. I live across the street.