Born on March 3, 1949, Ron Chernow is an American writer, journalist, historian and biographer who is the recipient of 2011 Pulitzer Prize for Biography and the 2011 American History Book Prize for his book, Washington: A Life.
For more information, read the article below.
Before Fame: He attended Yale University and Pembroke College at Cambridge University.
Ron Chernow Ethnicity/Religion
Born in Brooklyn, New York, he was born to Israel and Ruth. He gives his religion view as “Jewish, though more in the breach as the observance.”
Ron Chernow Affair/Married/Wife
He married Valerie Stearn in 1979. Valerie died in January 2006.
Visit his site.
Profile / Wiki / Information
- Full Name: Ronald Chernow
- Nicknames: Ron Chernow
- Birthday: March 3, 1949
- Age: 70 years old (as of 2019)
- Birthplace: New York City, New York, US
- Current Residence: United States
- Education: Yale College, Pembroke College
- Profession: writer, journalist, historian, biographer
- Nationality: American
- Ethnicity/Race: White
- Religion: Not Available
- Zodiac: Pisces
- Spouse/Wife: Valerie Chernow (m. 1979, wid. 2006)
- Children: Not Available
- Net Worth: Not Available
- Height: Not Available
- Weight: Not Available
Trivia/ Facts that you probably didn’t know
- His career began as a freelance journalist.
- His first book, The House of Morgan: An American Banking Dynasty and the Rise of Modern Finance was released in 1990.
- He won 2011 Pulitzer Prize for Biography and the 2011 American History Book Prize for his book, Washington: A Life.
- He says that in politics, he is a “disgruntled Democrat”.
- Ron Chernow has received honorary degrees from Long Island University, Marymount Manhattan College, Hamilton College, Washington College, and Skidmore College.
Reconstruction is the great black hole that remains to be filled. Even experts on the Civil War don’t really understand its full significance.