Born on January 8, 1967, Robert Sylvester Kelly (R Kelly) is an American singer, songwriter, record producer and former basketball player who is known for his major hit singles including “Bump N’ Grind”, “Your Body’s Callin'”, “I Believe I Can Fly”, “Gotham City”, “Ignition (Remix)”, “If I Could Turn Back the Hands of Time”, “The World’s Greatest”, “I’m a Flirt (Remix)”, and the hip-hopera “Trapped in the Closet”. He was a hot topic when his former girlfriend, Kitti Jones alleged him of “grooming” an underage girl for abuse. Learn more about him in the article below.
Before Fame: He attended Kenwood Academy in the fall of 1981.
R Kelly Parents/Ethnicity/Religion
Born in Hyde Park, Chicago, he is the third of four children of Joanne. Joanne was a singer mother and raised her children Baptist. He began singing in the church at the age of eight.
R Kelly Affair/Married/Allegation
Profile / Wiki / Information
- Full Name: Robert Sylvester Kelly
- Nicknames: R. Kelly
- Birthday: January 8, 1967
- Age: 51 years old
- Birthplace: Chicago, Illinois, US
- Current Residence: United States
- Education: Kenwood Academy
- Profession: Singer, Songwriter, record producer, former basketball player
- Nationality: American
- Ethnicity/Race: Black
- Religion: Baptist
- Zodiac: Capricorn
- Spouse/Wife: Aaliyah (m. 1994; ann. 1995) Andrea Kelly (m. 1996; div. 2009)
- Children: 3
- Net Worth: $150 million USD
- Height: 6 feet 1 inches
- Weight: 92 kg (203 lbs)
- Feet Size: Not Available
- Dress Size: Not Available
- Shoe Size: Not Available
- Chest Size: 44 inches
- Waist Size: 35 inches
- Biceps: 14 inches
Trivia/ Facts that you probably didn’t know
- He began his music career as the front man of r&b singing group Public Announcement.
- He had the most top ten singles in US during the 90’s.
- He suffers from fear of flying.
- He was declared as the “Most Successful R&B Artist of the Last 25 Years” by Billboard in 2011.
- In 2005, R. Kelly first appeared in the documentary film about Jay-Z Fade to Black as himself.
People can say whatever they want about you without knowing the facts. They can criticize you without even knowing you, and hate you when they don’t even know you. All of a sudden, you’re, like, the bin Laden of America. Osama bin Laden is the only one who knows exactly what I’m going through. Interview with Blender Magazine, September 2003.
My greatest competition is, well, me.
Visit our site for updates.