Born on March 29, 1972, Priti Patel is a British politician who has been the Member of Parliament for the Witham constituency in Essex since 2010 and has served as Secretary of State for International Development since July 2016. A member of the Conservative Party, she is regarded as being ideologically on the party’s right-wing and has been described as a Thatcherite.
Before Fame: She attended Keele University and University of Essex.
Priti Patel Parents/Ethnicity/Religion
Born in London, England she was brought up in South Harrow and Ruislip. Her parents were Ugandan immigrants of Gujarati origin who came to Hertfordshire, England, in the 1960s, departing Uganda shortly before President Idi Amin announced the expulsion of Ugandan Asians.
Priti Patel Husband/Affair/Married
She is married to Alex Sawyer. They have a son named Freddie. For more information, contact her on twitter.
— Priti Patel (@patel4witham) November 2, 2017
Profile / Wiki / Information
- Full Name: Priti Sushil Patel
- Nicknames: Priti
- Birthday: 29 March 1972
- Age: 45 years old
- Birthplace: London, England
- Current Residence: United Kingdom
- Education: Keele University, University of Essex
- Profession: Politician
- Political Party: Conservative (Before 1995, 1997-present), Referendum (1995-1997)
- Nationality: British
- Ethnicity/Race: Gujarati origin
- Religion: Hindu
- Zodiac: Aries
- Spouse/Wife: Alex Sawyer
- Children: 1
- Net Worth: Not Available
- Height: Not Available
- Weight: Not Available
- Feet Size: Not Available
- Dress Size: Not Available
- Shoe Size: Not Available
- Chest Size: Not Available
Trivia/ Facts that you probably didn’t know
- Her parents were Ugandan immigrants of Gujarati origin who came to Hertfordshire, England, in the 1960s, departing Uganda shortly before President Idi Amin announced the expulsion of Ugandan Asians.
- Patel claims to have attended Watford Grammar School for Girls in Watford, but actually attended nearby Westfield Community College.
- She first joined the Conservative Party as a teenager, when John Major was Prime Minister.
- After becoming Prime Minister, in July 2016 May appointed Patel to the position of International Development Secretary.
- Patel is considered to be on the right-wing of the Conservative Party, with the Total Politics website noting that some saw her as a “modern-day Norman Tebbit”.
We must put behind us the tribalism and divisions seen in the referendum between Leave and Remain and focus on defining our place in the world, healing our wonderful nation and putting core Conservative principles and values into action.