Peter Mayhew (b. May 19, 1944 – April 30, 2019) was an English-American actor who is best known for portraying Chewbacca in the Star Wars film series. To learn more about him, read the article below.
Before Fame: His first acting job was in Sinbad and the Eye of the Tiger.
Peter Mayhew Ethnicity/Religion/Nationality
Peter was born in Barnes, Surrey. His height was due to Marfan syndrome.
Peter Mayhew Affair/Married/Wife
He was married to Mary Angelique (m. 1999). They had three children. This is his twitter.
Peter died on April 30, 2019 due to heart attack.
May the 4th is a tribute to the scale of Star Wars reach and as we process losing Peter we have been reading all of your posts, hearing your stories & seeing decades worth of fan photos and from the bottom of our hearts we wanted to say Thank You. #MayThe4thBeWithYou #Chewbacca pic.twitter.com/Z9XyeJDBTW
— Peter Mayhew (@TheWookieeRoars) May 4, 2019
Profile / Wiki / Information
- Full Name: Peter William Mayhew
- Nicknames: Peter
- Birthday: May 19, 1944
- Death: April 30, 2019
- Age: 74 years old (at the time of death)
- Birthplace: Barnes, Surrey, England
- Education: Not Available
- Profession: Actor
- Nationality: English-American
- Ethnicity/Race: Caucasian
- Religion: Not Available
- Zodiac: Taurus
- Spouse/Wife: Angie Luker (m. 1999)
- Children: 3
- Net Worth: Not Available
- Height: 7 feet 3 inches (221 cm)
- Weight: 100 kg (approx)
- Feet Size/Shoe Size: Not Available
Trivia/ Facts that you probably didn’t know
- He is best known for his role as Chewbacca in the Star Wars film series.
- His height was because of Marfan syndrome.
- His peak height was 7 feet 2 inches.
- His first acting job was in Sinbad and the Eye of the Tiger.
- He was honored with Lifetime Achievement Award at the MTV Film Awards 1997.
- Peter died on April 30, 219 due to heart attack.
- Visit our site for more updates.