Born on 15 September 1946, Oliver Stone is an American screenwriter, producer and film director who is also known as a master of controversial subjects and legendary film maker. He wrote the critically acclaimed movie Scarface. Some of his best work includes Scarface, Platoon, Born on the Fourth of July, Midnight Express, Wall Street.
Before Fame: Before fame, he served as an infantry soldier.
Career / Awards: He was awarded with Academy Award for Best Director for Platoon (1986), Born on the Fourth of July (1989), Midnight Express (1978) and Legion d’Honneur (2004).
Oliver Stone Parents Family
Born in New York, he is the son of Jacqueline and Louis Stone, a successful stockbroker on Wall Street. He grew up in Manhattan and Stamford, Connecticut.
Who is Oliver Stone married to? Oliver Stone relationship
Stone has been married three times. He was first married to Najwa Sarkis on May 1971. They divorced in 1977. He then married Elizabeth Burkit Cox. They had two sons. He is currently married to Sun-jung Jung and the couple have a daughter, Tara. The couple live in Los Angeles. For more information, contact him on twitter.
Profile / Wiki / Information
- Full Name: William Oliver Stone
- Nicknames: Oliver Stone
- Birthday: 15 September, 1946
- Age: 70 years old
- Gender: Male
- Birthplace: New York City, US
- Current Residence: United States
- Education: New York University, Yale University
- Profession: Film Director, Screenwriter, Soldier
- Nationality: American
- Ethnicity/Race: White
- Religion: Not Available
- Zodiac: Virgo
- Wife: Najwa Sarkis (1971-1977), Elizabeth Burkit Cox (1981-1993), Sun-jung Jung (1996)
- Children: Three
- Net Worth: $50 million USD
- Earnings: Not Available
- Height: 6 feet 0 inches
- Weight: Not Available
- Feet Size: Not Available
- Dress Size: Not Available
- Shoe Size: Not Available
- Chest Size: Not Available
- Biceps: Not Available
- Body Type: Not Available
- Hair Color: Black
- Eye Color: Not Available
10 Trivia/ Facts that you probably didn’t know about Oliver Stone
- He attended Yale University and New York University.
- He did duty in Vietnam.
- His father, Louis Stone was a successful stockbroker on Wall Street.
- In June 1999, he was arrested for drunken driving and possession of hashish.
- He is friends with Lloyd Kaufman since childhood.
- He underwent infantry training at Fort Jackson, South Carolina.
- He often talks about the experience of his father taking him to lose his virginity to a prostitute in his mid-teens.
- He was voted the 43rd Greatest Director of all time by Entertainment Weekly.
- He has directed eight different actors in Oscar-nominated performances.
- He was awarded a Star on the Hollywood Walk of Fame at 7013 Hollywood Boulevard in Hollywood, California on March 15, 1996.
I consider my films first and foremost to be dramas about individuals in personal struggles and I consider myself to be a dramatist before I am a political filmmaker. I’m interested in alternative points of view. I think ultimately the problems of the planet are universal and that nationalism is a very destructive force. I also like anarchy in films. My heroes were Luis Buñuel and Jean-Luc Godard. Breathless (1960) was one of the first pictures I really remember being marked by, because of the speed and energy. They say I’m unsubtle. But we need above all, a theatre that wakes us up: nerves and heart.
Nationalism and patriotism are the two most evil forces that I know of in this century or in any century and cause more wars and more death and more destruction to the soul and to human life than anything else.
I wasn’t prophetic. It was there all around us. Money was the sex of the 1980s.