Born on July 19, 1970, Nicola Sturgeon is a Scottish politician who is the current First Minister of Scotland and leader of the Scottish National Party (SNP) since November 2014. She is the first woman to hold either position. As a member of Scottish National Party, she was ranked as the 50th most powerful woman in the world in 2016 and 2nd in the United Kingdom. For more information, read the article below.
Before Fame: She attended University of Glasgow
Nicola Sturgeon Parents/Ethnicity/Religion
Born in Ayrshire, Irvine, Nicola is the eldest of three daughters born to Robin and Joan Kerr Sturgeon. Her paternal grandmother was from Ryhope.
Nicola Sturgeon Affair/Married/Miscarriage
She is married to Peter Murrell (m. 2010). They reside in Glasgow. She doesn’t have children and in 2016, she disclosed that she had a miscarriage in 2011. For more information, contact her on twitter.
Tomorrow is #SmallBizSaturday so happy to get my support in early with a visit to @tapaorganic in my constituency – just one of the small businesses that make the Southside the best place in Glasgow for a coffee and so much more! pic.twitter.com/QkAibgH1Yx
— Nicola Sturgeon (@NicolaSturgeon) December 1, 2017
Profile / Wiki / Information
- Full Name: Nicola Ferguson Sturgeon
- Nicknames: Nicola
- Birthday: July 19, 1970
- Age: 47 years old
- Birthplace: Irvine, North Ayrshire, Scotland,
- Current Residence: Scotland
- Education: University of Glasgow
- Profession: Politician
- Political party: Scottish National party
- Nationality: Scottish
- Ethnicity/Race: White
- Religion: Not Available
- Zodiac: Cancer
- Spouse/Wife: Peter Murrell (m. 2010)
- Children: Not Available
- Net Worth: Not Available
- Height: Not Available
- Weight: Not Available
- Feet Size: Not Available
- Dress Size: Not Available
- Shoe Size: Not Available
- Chest Size: Not Available
Trivia/ Facts that you probably didn’t know
- She is the current First Minister of Scotland and leader of the Scottish National Party (SNP), in office since November 2014.
- She is the first woman to hold either position.
- She is a law graduate of the University of Glasgow.
- Forbes magazine ranked Sturgeon as the 50th most powerful woman in the world in 2016 and 2nd in the United Kingdom.
I think it is important the communities are listened to and that their voice is heard, particularly with local government boundaries more than parliamentary boundaries, because you are talking very much about communities. It can be a very emotive thing.