Born on February 20, 1942, Mitch McConnell is an American politician serving as the Senior United States Senator From Kentucky since 1985. As a member of the Republican party, he has been the Majority Leader of the Senate since January 3, 2015. He is the second Kentuckian to lead his party in the Senate and is the longest-serving U.S. Senator in Kentucky history. For more information, read the article below.
Before Fame: He attended University of Louisville and University of Kentucky.
Mitch McConnell Parents/Ethnicity/Religion
Born in Sheffield, Alabama, he is the son of Addison Mitchell McConnell and Julia. He is of Scots-Irish and English descent.
Mitch McConnell Affair/Married/Wife
He was married to his first wife, Sherrill Redmon, from 1968 to 1980, and had three children. His second wife, who married him in 1993, is Elaine Chao, the former Secretary of Labor under George W. Bush. For more information, contact him on twitter.
— Leader McConnell (@SenateMajLdr) September 27, 2017
Profile / Wiki / Information
- Full Name: Addison Mitchell McConnell Jr.
- Nicknames: Mitch McConnell
- Birthday: February 20, 1942
- Age: 75 years old
- Birthplace: Sheffield, Alabama, US
- Current Residence: Kentucky, United States
- Education: University of Louisville, University of Kentucky
- Profession: Politician
- Nationality: American
- Ethnicity/Race: White
- Religion: Southern Baptist
- Zodiac: Pisces
- Spouse/Wife: Sherrill Redmon (m. 1968; div. 1980) Elaine Chao (m. 1993)
- Children: 3
- Net Worth: $22.5 million USD
- Height: Not Available
- Weight: Not Available
- Feet Size: Not Available
- Dress Size: Not Available
- Shoe Size: Not Available
- Chest Size: Not Available
Trivia/ Facts that you probably didn’t know
- He is a member of the Republican Party.
- During the administration of President Barack Obama, McConnell was known to the left as being an obstructionist.
- McConnell is the longest-serving U.S. Senator in Kentucky history and is the second Kentuckian to lead his party in the Senate.
- He was a Deputy Assistant Attorney General under President Gerald Ford [1974-1975].
- He graduated with honors in 1964 from the University of Louisville with a B.A. in political science. Was student body president and member of Phi Kappa Tau fraternity. Graduated with a J.D. in 1967 from the University of Kentucky Law School, where he was elected president of the Student Bar Association.
I think we could do with a little less drama from the White House.