Born on November 3, 1947, Mazie Hirono is an American politician who has been serving as the junior United States Senator from Hawaii since 2013. As a member of the Democratic Party, she served as a member of the Hawaii House of Representatives from 1981 to 1995 and as Hawaii’s lieutenant governor from 1994 to 2002. To learn more about her, read the article below.
Before Fame: She attended University of Hawaii and Georgetown University.
Mazie Hirono Ethnicity/Religion
Mazie was born in Fukushima Prefecture, Japan to mother of American citizenship. She was born to Sato Laure Chie and Hirono Matabe.
Mazie Hirono Affair/Married/Husband
She is married to Leighton Kim Oshima (m, 1987). For more information, visit her twitter.
The Attorney General continues to lie to the American people and I would like to hear the truth from Mueller himself. When people like William Barr enter the moral dead zone of @realDonaldTrump’s White House, this is what you get. These are not normal times. pic.twitter.com/BmsThI11Gk
— Senator Mazie Hirono (@maziehirono) May 2, 2019
Profile / Wiki / Information
- Full Name: Mazie Keiko Hirono
- Nicknames: Mazie
- Birthday: November 3, 1947
- Age: 71 years old (as of May 2019)
- Birthplace: Koori, Fukushima Prefecture, Japan
- Current Residence: Hawaii
- Education: University of Hawaii at Manoa, Georgetown University
- Profession: Politician
- Nationality: American
- Ethnicity/Race: She is of Japanese ethnicity
- Religion: Buddhist
- Zodiac: Scorpio
- Spouse/Wife: Leighton Kim Oshima (m. 1987)
- Net Worth: Not Available
Who is William Barr? Learn about him here.
- Height: Not Available
- Weight: Not Available
Trivia/ Facts that you probably didn’t know
- She is a Democrat.
- She is the first elected female senator from Hawaii and the first Asian-American woman elected to the Senate.
- She is the first Buddhist Senator.
- Before her career in the senate she served as a member of the Hawaii House of Representatives from 1981 to 1995 and as Hawaii’s lieutenant governor from 1994 to 2002.
So many women came forward and told us their accounts that they had never shared before, this was a moment for them to come forward to be heard, and I know they were hoping to be believed.
Found on CNN