Born on February 21, 1964, Mark Kelly is an American astronaut, engineer, and US Navy Captain who is the husband of former Congresswoman Gabrielle Giffords. He is also an author, political activist and aerospace executive who launched his campaign for the 2020 United States Senate special election in Arizona on February 12, 2019. For more information, read the article below.
Before Fame: He became a Naval Aviator in December, 1987.
Mark Kelly Ethnicity/Religion
Born in Orange, New Jersey, he was born to Richard and Patricia Kelly, both of his parents being retired police officers. He is of Irish descent and has a twin brother named Scott Kelly, who is also an astronaut.
Mark Kelly Affair/Married/Wife
He was married to Amelia Victoria Babis from January 1989 to 2004. They have two daughters.
He is currently married to former Congresswoman Gabby Giffords on November 10, 2007. For more information, visit his Instagram and twitter.
Profile / Wiki / Information
- Full Name: Mark Edward Kelly
- Nicknames: Mark Kelly
- Birthday: February 21, 1964
- Age: 54 years old (as of Feb 13, 2019)
- Birthplace: Orange, New Jersey, US
- Current Residence: United States
- Education: United States Merchant Marine Academy, Naval Postgraduate School
- Profession: astronaut, engineer, US Navy Captain
- Nationality: American
- Ethnicity/Race: White
- Religion: Not Available
- Zodiac: Pisces
- Spouse/Wife: Amelia Babis (m. 1989- div. 2004), Gabby Giffords (m. 2007)
- Children: 2
- Net Worth: Not Available
- Height: Not Available
- Weight: Not Available
Trivia/ Facts that you probably didn’t know
- He is twin brother Scott Kelly, who is also an astronaut.
- His wife was the target of an attempted assassination in Tucson, Arizona in 2011.
- The Kelly brothers are the only known siblings to have both traveled in space.
- He launched his campaign for the 2020 United States Senate special election in Arizona on February 12, 2019.
- He is running as a Democrat.
- He is of Irish descent.
- Kelly is co-founder and strategic advisor of Tucson-based near-space exploration company World View Enterprises.
- Visit our site for more updates.
Whether its science or going to a certain destination, I think people rise to the occasion if you’re doing something important, if going to Mars takes two years or two-and-a-half years, that’s doable.