Born on 27 March 1955, Mariano Rajoy Brey is a Spanish politician who served as Prime Minister of Spain from 2011 to 2018. He was forced out of office by a no-confidence vote in parliament. He is now the Leader of the Opposition. For more information, read the article below.
Before Fame: He attended University of Santiago de Compostela.
Mariano Rajoy Parents/Ethnicity/Religion
Born in Santiago de Compostela, Spain, he is the son of Olga Brey Lopez and Mariano Rajoy Sobredo. He is the grandson of Enrique Rajoy Leloup.
Mariano Rajoy Affair/Married/Wife
Rajoy married Elvira “Viri” Fernández Balboa on 28 December 1996, in La Toja island. The couple have two children. Visit his twitter for more information.
Learn more about vote of no-confidence on the article post by BBC.
Profile / Wiki / Information
- Full Name: Mariano Rajoy Brey
- Nicknames: Mariano
- Birthday: March 27, 1955
- Age: 63 years old
- Birthplace: Santiago de Compostela, Spain
- Current Residence: Spain
- Education: University of Santiago de Compostela
- Profession: Politician
- Political Party: People’s Party (1989-present)
- Nationality: Spanish
- Religion: Christian
- Zodiac: Aries
- Spouse/Wife: Elvira Fernández Balboa (1996–present)
- Children: 2
- Net Worth: Not Available
- Height: Not Available
- Weight: Not Available
- Feet Size: Not Available
- Dress Size: Not Available
Trivia/ Facts that you probably didn’t know
- He became Leader of the People’s Party in 2004 and Prime Minister in 2011.
- He was a Minister under the José María Aznar administration, occupying different leading roles in different Ministries between 1996 and 2003.
- He was the Leader of the Opposition between 2004 and 2011 under José Luis Rodríguez Zapatero’s government.
- After the vote of no-confidence ousted his government, he became the Leader of the Oppositoin.
- In 2011, Rajoy published his autobiography, En Confianza (In Confidence).
The main target for the next years should be growth and job creation.