Born on May 13, 1986, Lena Dunham is an American actress writer and director who is best known as the creator, writer and star of the HBO series Girls (2013-2017). She has received numerous Emmy Award nominations and two Golden Globe Awards for her work on Girls. In 2013, she was included in the Time 100 list of the most influential people in the world and in 2014, Dunham released her first book, Not That Kind of Girl: A Young Woman Tells You What She’s “Learned”. Learn more about Dunham in the article below.
Before Fame: Before fame, she attended Oberlin College
Lena Dunham Early Life/Parents/Ethnicity/Religion
Born in New York City, she is the daughter of Carroll Dunham, a painter and Laurie Simmons, an artist and photographer. Her father is Protestant and of mostly English ancestry, and her mother is Jewish.
Lena Dunham Affair/Dating/Gay/Boyfriend
In 2012, she started dating Jack Antonoff, lead guitarist of the band Fun and the founder of Bleachers. She previously stated that she would not get married until same-sex marriage was legalized. After same-sex marriage was indeed legalized, she and Antonoff stated that the possibility of their getting married is a “definite maybe”.
Profile / Wiki / Information
- Full Name: Lena Dunham
- Nicknames: Lena
- Birthday: May 13, 1986
- Age: 31 years old
- Birthplace: New York City, New York
- Current Residence: United States
- Education: Oberlin College
- Profession: Actress, producer, writer, director
- Nationality: American
- Ethnicity/Race: White
- Religion: Not Available
- Zodiac: Taurus
- Spouse/Wife: Not Available
- Children: Not Available
- Net Worth: Not Available
- Height: 5 feet 3 inches (160 cm)
- Weight: 66 kg (145 lbs)
- Feet Size: 8.5 (US)
- Dress Size: 12 (US)
- Shoe Size: 8.5 (US)
- Chest Size: 36 inches
- Waist Size: 28 inches
- Hip Size: 38 inches
- Biceps: Not Available
- Bra Size/ Breast Size: 34B
- Hair Color: Light Brown
- Eye Color: Light Brown
Trivia/ Facts that you probably didn’t know
- Lena graduated from Oberlin College with her degree in Creative Writing.
- Lena’s father has English, as well as remote Scottish, Welsh, and German, ancestry; he is a Mayflower descendant. Lena’s mother is from an Ashkenazi Jewish family.
- In 2012 Dunham signed a $3.5 million deal with Random House for her first autobiographical book titled “Not That Kind of Girl – A Young Woman Tells You What She’s ‘Learned'”. The book went on the make the #2 slot on the New York Times Bestseller list.
- She said she was proud of all of the women she knew, including her mother, who had an abortion. Then she stated that she wished she was in that society of women.
It completely sickens me what our culture is doing to women. Last week I wore a big top and little shorts and a bunch of stuff came out saying I was without pants. ‘The No-Pants Look,’ it said. And I didn’t go out without pants, I had shorts on…If Olivia Wilde had gone to a party with a big silky top and little shorts she might have been told her outfit was cute…What it was really: ‘Why did you show us your thighs’?