Born on July 3, 1940, Lamar Alexander is an American politician who is the current senior United State Senator from Tennessee and is a member of the Republican Party. He was the 45th Governor of Tennessee from 1979 to 1987. For more information, read the article below.
Before Fame: He attended Vanderbilt University and New York University.
Lamar Alexander Ethnicity/Religion
Lamar was born and raised in Maryville, Tennessee to Genevra Floreine and Andrew Lamar Alexander Sr. He is of Scotch-Irish descent.
Lamar Alexander Affair/Married/Wife
He is married to Leslee Buhler. They married in 1969 and have children together. For more information, visit his twitter.
— Sen. Lamar Alexander (@SenAlexander) September 26, 2019
Profile / Wiki / Information
- Full Name: Andrew Lamar Alexander Jr.
- Nicknames: Lamar Alexander
- Birthday: July 3, 1940
- Age: 79 years old (as of September 2019)
- Birthplace: Maryville, Tennessee, US
- Current Residence: Tennessee, United States
- Education: Vanderbilt University, New York University
- Profession: Politician
- Nationality: American
- Ethnicity/Race: Caucasian
- Zodiac: Cancer
- Spouse/Wife: Leslee Buhler (m. 1969)
- Children: 4
- Net Worth: Not Available at the moment
- Height: Not Available
- Weight: Not Available
Trivia/ Facts that you probably didn’t know
- He is an American politician and is currently serving as the senior US Senator from Tennessee.
- He is a member of the Republican Party who was also the 45th governor of Tennessee from 1979 to 1987.
- He has announced that he would not run in the Senate in 2020.
- He is of Scotch-Irish descent.
- He clerked for US Court of Appeals for the Fifth Circuit Judge John Minor Wisdom after graduating from law school.
- He was against President Obama’s health care reform bill in the Senate Health, Education, Labor and Pensions Committee.
- He is one of the most bipartisan Republican members of the Senate according to the studies by Congressional Quarterly in 2009.
- He is a classical and country pianist.
- He is also a member of Sons of the Revolution.
We are the only country in the world that has taken people from so many different backgrounds, which is a great achievement by itself, but an even greater achievement is that we have turned all of that variety and diversity into unity.
For more information, visit our site.