Born on January 7, 1957, Katherine Anne Couric (Katie Couric) is an American journalist and author who recently served as Yahoo! Global News and has been a television host on CNN, NBC News and ABC News. In addition to her television news roles, she hosted Katie, a syndicated daytime talk show produced by Disney–ABC Domestic Television from September 10, 2012, to June 9, 2014. Read the article below for more information.
Before Fame: She attended University of Virginia
Katie Couric Parents/Ethnicity/Religion
Born in Arlington, Virginia, she is the daughter of Elinor Tullie and John Martin Couric. She was raised as a Presbyterian.
Katie Couric Affair/Married/Husband
She was married to John Paul Monahan in 1989.She gave birth to their first daughter, Elinor Tully “Ellie” Monahan in 1991 and their second daughter, Caroline “Carrie” in 1996.Her husband died of colon cancer in 1998 at the age of 42. In September 2013, she became engaged to financier John Molner after a two-year relationship. Couric married Molner in a small, private ceremony at her home in The Hamptons on June 21, 2014.
Check out my podcast, titled Katie Couric (v original), w/ some of the biggest names in news, politics & pop culture https://t.co/YZLyfSxXbu
— Katie Couric (@katiecouric) July 31, 2017
Profile / Wiki / Information
- Full Name: Katherine Anne Couric
- Nicknames: Katie
- Birthday: January 7, 1957
- Age: 60 years old
- Birthplace: Arlington, Virginia, US
- Current Residence: United States
- Education: University off Virginia
- Profession: Journalist
- Nationality: American
- Ethnicity/Race: White
- Religion: Presbyterian
- Zodiac: Capricorn
- Spouse/Wife: John Paul Monahan (1989-1998(died of cancer)), John Molner (2014-present)
- Children: 2
- Net Worth: $55 million USD
- Salary: $10+ million USD
- Height: 5 feet 0 inches (154 cm)
- Weight: 57 kg (125 lbs)
- Feet Size: 6.5 (US)
- Dress Size: 8 (US)
- Shoe Size: 6.5 (US)
- Chest Size: 37 inches
- Waist Size: 27 inches
- Hip Size: 38 inches
- Bra Size/ Breast Size: 34C
Trivia/ Facts that you probably didn’t know
- She recently served as Yahoo! Global News Anchor.
- She worked for NBC News from 1989 to 2006, CBS News from 2006 to 2011, and ABC News from 2011 to 2014.
- Her mother was Jewish and she was raised as a Presbyterian.
- She traced her patrilineal ancestry back to a French orphan who immigrated to the U.S. in the 19th century and became a broker in the cotton business.
I think sometimes people project things on you, but I’m trying to handle everything that’s happened to me with a certain amount of grace, dignity and good manners. You just can’t necessarily win all the time.