Born on October 20, 1964, Kamala Harris is an American attorney and politician who is serving as the junior United States for California. As a member of the Democratic Party, she previously served as the 32nd Attorney General of California.
On January 21, 2019, she announced her campaign to run for the Democratic nomination for President of the United States in the 2020 United States presidential election. To learn more about her, read the article below.
Before Fame: She attended Howard University and University of California, Hastings.
Kamala Harris Ethnicity/Religion/Nationality
Kamala Harris was born in Oakland, California to Shymala Gopalan , a Tamil Indian mother and Donald Harris, a Stanford University Professor who emigrated from Jamaica in 1961 for graduae study in economics at University of California, Berkeley. Her mother was a breast cancer scientist who immigrated to the US from Chennai, India in 1960.
Kamala Harris Affair/Married/Husband
Her parents separated when she was seven and her mother was granted custody of the children. After the divorce, her mother moved to Quebec, Canada. After graduating from Montreal’s Westmount High School in Quebec, she attended Howard University in Washington DC. Harris returned to California, where she earned her Juris Doctor (J.D.) from the University of California, Hastings College of the Law.
She is married to California attorney Douglas Emhoff. They married in August 22, 2014. Although Kamala has no children, she has two stepchildren.
For more information, visit her twitter. Also, visit our site for updates.
— Kamala Harris (@KamalaHarris) January 21, 2019
Profile / Wiki / Information
- Full Name: Kamala Devi Harris
- Nicknames: Kamala Harris
- Birthday: October 20, 1964
- Age: 54 years old (as of Jan 2019)
- Birthplace: Oakland, California, US
- Current Residence: United States
- Education: Howard University, University of California at Hastings
- Profession: Attorney, Politician
- Nationality: American
- Ethnicity/Race: Multiracial
- Religion: Not Available
- Zodiac: Libra
- Spouse/Husband: Douglas Emhoff (m. 2014)
- Children: She has no children of her own but has two step-children through marriage
- Net Worth: Not known at the moment.
- Height: Not Available
- Weight: Not Available
Trivia/ Facts that you probably didn’t know
- She is a member of the Democratic Party.
- She is an American attorney and is serving as the junior United States Senator for California.
- On January 21, 2019, Kamala Harris officially announced her campaign to run for the Democratic nomination for President of the United States in the 2020 United States presidential election.
- She has supported Medicare for all, legalization of recreational marijuana, sanctuary cities.
- She was born to a Tamil Indian mother and a Jamaican father.
I was raised to be an independent woman, not the victim of anything.
I often advocate that we look at many sides of an issue, walk in someone else’s shoes, and identify and reject false choices.