Born on March 26, 1960, Jon Huntsman Jr. is an American politician, businessman and diplomat who served as the 16th Governor of Utah from 2005-2009, and as United States Ambassador to Singapore from 1992 to 1993 and China from 2009 to 2011. As a member of The Republican Party, he has served in the administrations of five U.S. Presidents and was a candidate for the 2012 Republican presidential nomination. He also served as CEO of his family-owned Huntsman Corporation and chairman of the Huntsman Cancer Foundation. He was appointed ambassador to Russia by President Donald Trump on March 2017.
Before Fame: Before fame, he graduated from University of Utah and University of Pennsylvania.
Jon Huntsman Jr Parents/Siblings/Religion
Born in Redwood City, California, Huntsman is the son of Karen Huntsman, daughter of LDS Church apostle David B. Haight, and Jon Huntsman Sr., a billionaire businessman and philanthropist of the Huntsman Corporation. He has eight brothers and sisters. Through his father, Huntsman Jr. is the great-great-great-grandson of early LDS Church leader Parley P. Pratt.
Jon Huntsman Jr Affair/Wife/Married
He is married to Mary Kane Cooper. He and his wife, Mary Kaye, have seven children: Mary Anne (b. 1985), Abigail (b. 1986), Elizabeth (1988), Jon III (1990), William (1993), Gracie Mei (1999, adopted from China), and Asha Bharati (2006, adopted from India). For more information on Jon, contact him on twitter.
Love at first sight! Welcome Jon Meade Huntsman IV 👍 pic.twitter.com/T65y3N40oA
— Jon Huntsman (@JonHuntsman) March 28, 2017
Profile / Wiki / Information
- Full Name: Jon Meade Huntsman Jr.
- Nicknames: Jon Huntsman
- Birthday: March 26, 1960
- Age: 57 years old
- Birthplace: Redwood City, California, US
- Current Residence: Not Available
- Education: University of Utah, University of Pennsylvania
- Profession: Politician
- Nationality: American
- Ethnicity/Race: White
- Religion: Christian
- Zodiac: Aries
- Spouse/Wife: Mary Kane Cooper (1983-present)
- Children: 7
- Net Worth: $1 billion US (approx)
- Height: Not Available
- Weight: Not Available
- Dress Size: Not Available
- Shoe Size: Not Available
10 Trivia/ Facts that you probably didn’t know
- He was the governor of Utah from 3 January 2005 – 10 August 2009, but he resigned from office to become US ambassador to China.
- He is a Mormon.
- He was appointed ambassador to Russia by President Donald Trump (March 2017).
- His maternal grandmother was of half Swedish and half Norwegian descent, and one of his paternal great-great-grandmothers was of Danish origin. His other ancestry includes English, some Scottish, and distant Dutch.
You can be stern and forthright, and that’s my management style, but when you lose it totally, that’s a sign of weakness.
Economic prosperity and quality education for our children are inexorably linked.