Born on May 26, 1949, Jeremy Corbyn is a British politician serving as Leader of the Labour Party and Leader of the Opposition since 2015. He has been the Member of Parliament for Islington North since 1983. As a democratic socialist, he advocates reversing austerity cuts to public services and welfare funding and renationalization of public utilities and the railways. Read the article for more information.
Before Fame: He attended North London Polytechnic.
Jeremy Corbyn Parents/Ethnicity/Religion
Born in Chippenham, England, he is the youngest of four sons of Naomi Loveday and David Benjamin Corbyn. His brother Piers Corbyn is a weather forecaster.
Jeremy Corbyn Affair/Married
In 1974, he married Jane Chapman, a fellow Labour Councillor for Haringey and now a professor at the University of Lincoln; they divorced in 1979. In 1987, he married Chilean exile Claudia Bracchitta, granddaughter of Ricardo Bracchitta (Consul-General of Spain in Santiago), by whom he has three sons. They divorced in 1999. In 2013, Corbyn married his Mexican-born partner Laura Álvarez, who runs a fair-trade coffee import business. For more information, contact him on twitter.
— Jeremy Corbyn (@jeremycorbyn) November 15, 2017
Profile / Wiki / Information
- Full Name: Jeremy Bernard Corbyn
- Nicknames: Jeremy
- Birthday: May 26, 1949
- Age: 68 years old
- Birthplace: Chippenham, England, UK
- Current Residence: UK
- Education: Castle House School, North London Polytechnic
- Profession: Politician
- Political Party: Labour
- Nationality: British
- Ethnicity/Race: White
- Religion: Not Available
- Zodiac: Gemini
- Spouse/Wife: Jane Chapman (m. 1974; div. 1979) Claudia Bracchitta (m. 1987; div. 1999) Laura Álvarez (m. 2013)
- Children: 3
- Net Worth: £3 million (approx)
- Height: 5 feet 9 inches (1.75 m)
- Weight: Not Available
- Feet Size: Not Available
- Dress Size: Not Available
- Shoe Size: Not Available
- Chest Size: Not Available
Trivia/ Facts that you probably didn’t know
- He is the oldest and most left-wing Labour leader since Michael Foor.
- He is the younger brother of Piers Corbyn.
- One of the most surprising endorsements for Corbyn at the 2017 general election came from the heavy metal magazine “Kerrang!”, which put him on the front cover.
- After school, Corbyn worked briefly as a reporter for a local newspaper, the Newport and Market Drayton Advertiser.
Heads and hearts are connected.
Is it right in the fourth richest country in the world we should allow a million people to rely on food banks?