Born on December 1, 1985, Janelle Monae is an American singer, songwriter, rapper, actress and model who rose to fame after her first unofficial studio album, The Audition. She has over six Grammy Award nominations. To learn more, read the article below.
Before Fame: She attended American Musical and Dramatic Academy,
Janelle Monae Parents/Ethnicity/Religion
Born in Kansas City, Kansas, she is the daughter of a janitor mother and a truck driver father, Michael Robinson Summers.
Janelle Monae Affair/Dating/Married
Profile / Wiki / Information
- Full Name: Janelle Monae Robinson
- Nicknames: Janelle Monae
- Birthday: December 1, 1985
- Age: 32 years old
- Birthplace: Kansas City, Kansas, US
- Current Residence: Atlanta, Georgia, US
- Education: American Musical and Dramatic Academy
- Profession: Singer, Songwriter, rapper, actress, model
- Nationality: American
- Ethnicity/Race: Black
- Religion: Not Available
- Zodiac: Sagittarius
- Spouse/Wife: In 2013, Monáe stated that she wants both men and women to “still be attracted to [her]”.
- Children: Not Available
- Net Worth: Not Available
- Height: 5 feet (152 cm)
- Weight: 52 kg
- Feet Size: 7 US
- Dress Size: 6 US
- Chest Size: 33 inches
- Waist Size: 25 inches
- Hips Size: 34 inches
- Bra Size/ Breast Size: 30C
- Hair Color: Black
- Eye Color: Brown
Trivia/ Facts that you probably didn’t know
- She dreamed of being a singer and a performer from a very young age.
- She made her film debut in 2016, co-starring in Moonlight (2016) and Hidden Figures (2016). Both films were nominated for the Academy Award for Best Picture at The Oscars (2017), with Moonlight (2016) ultimately winning the accolade.
- In 2007, Monáe released her first solo work, titled Metropolis.
- In 2013, Monáe stated that she wants both men and women to “still be attracted to [her]”.
I’ve always wanted people to ask questions about the music. Some songs you get. Some songs you may not. And I think that’s the beauty of art: to question and to ask, to understand the deeper meaning after two or three or four listenings. I appreciate that as a writer because sometimes the mystery, when it’s gone, is not as interesting. I love the mystery behind things.