Born on April 18, 1947, James Woods is an American actor and producer who is mainly known for playing villainous roles and portraying role of the titular protagonist of Shark (2006–2008). Woods has been nominated for two Academy Awards and is the recipient of three Emmy Awards. He has also appeared in movies such as The Way We Were (1973), Once Upon a Time in America (1984), Best Seller (1987), Casino (1995) and Nixon (1995). Read the article below for more information on James.
Before Fame: Before fame, he attended MIT but did not graduate.
James Woods Parents/Ethnicity/Religion
Born in Vernal, Utah, he is the son of Gail Peyton Woods, an army intelligence officer and Martha A.. He had a brother 10 years younger than him. He is of part Irish descent and was raised Catholic, briefly serving as an altar boy.
James Woods Affair/Married/Harassment
In 1980, Woods married costume designer Kathryn Morrison-Pahoa. The couple divorced in 1983.In 1989 Woods married 26-year-old actress Sarah Owens, but they divorced four months later. In 2017, actress Amber Tamblyn wrote an open letter to Woods accusing him of predatory behavior towards her when she was 16. Woods denied the story. For more information, contact him on twitter.
Profile / Wiki / Information
- Full Name: James Howard Woods
- Nicknames: James
- Birthday: April 18, 1947
- Age: 70 years old
- Birthplace: Vernal, Utah, United States
- Current Residence: United States
- Education: Massachusetts Institute of Technology (did not graduate)
- Profession: Actor, Producer
- Nationality: American
- Ethnicity/Race: White
- Religion: Catholic
- Zodiac: Aries
- Spouse/Wife: Kathryn Morrison (1980-1983), Sarah Owen (1989-1990)
- Children: Not Available
- Net Worth: $20 million US
- Height: 5 feet 11 inches (1.8 m)
- Weight: Not Available
- Shoe Size: Not Available
- Hair Color: Grey
Trivia/ Facts that you probably didn’t know
- He received his star on the Hollywood Walk of Fame at 7021 Hollywood Boulevard in Hollywood, California on October 15, 1998.
- He is a reserve officer in the Los Angeles Police Department.
- In 2001, while on a commercial flight from Boston to Los Angeles in August, he noticed a group of men acting suspiciously on the plane and informed a flight attendant that he felt they were planning to hijack the plane. He has thus been in several interviews with FBI agents since the September 11 attacks.
- He is the son of a United States Army intelligence officer.
- He is good friends with Sharon Stone and told Cigar Aficionado in an interview that he considers her one of the smartest women in the movie business.
My parents loved each other. I was raised in a house of total love and respect. My dad worked very hard and my mother was incredibly devoted to him. I can unequivocally, without any peradventure of doubt, tell you that I was raised with the kind of love that we only dream of. My mother and my father loved me and my brother like we love the air we breathe–out of necessity. It was a necessity for them to love us in some deep inner genetic calling in their hearts and minds and souls. I have that as a standard.
I was really bright as a kid and tested well, and it was clear that I was going to get scholarships to any schools I wanted. My dad always said I could be an engineer; at that time it was the elite of society: steady job, working in science, which was then the answer to every problem we had. It was kind of a mandate. Kind of a dream he had for me.