Born on January 12, 1985, Issa Rae is an American actress, writer, director, producer and web series creator who rose to fame for her work on the YouTube series Awkward Black Girl. She is also known for creating, co-writing and starring in HBO television series Insecure. For more information, read the article below.
Before Fame: She attended Stanford University.
Issa Rae Ethnicity/Religion
Born in Los Angeles, California, she was born to Dr. Abdoulaye Diop from Senegal and Delyna Diop from Louisiana. She has four siblings.
Issa Rae Affair/Dating/Boyfriend
Profile / Wiki / Information
- Full Name: Jo-Issa Rae Diop
- Nicknames: Issa Rae
- Birthday: January 12, 1985
- Age: 33 years old
- Birthplace: Los Angeles, California, US
- Current Residence: United States
- Education: Stanford University
- Profession: Actress, writer, director, producer and web series creator
- Nationality: American
- Ethnicity/Race: Black
- Religion: Not Available
- Zodiac: Capricorn
- Spouse/Wife: Not Available
- Boyfriend/Dating: Not Available
- Children: Not Available
- Net Worth: Around $1 million USD
- Height: 5 feet 9 inches
- Weight: 60 kg (approx)
- Feet Size: Not Available
- Dress Size: Not Available
- Shoe Size: Not Available
- Chest Size: Not Available
- Biceps: Not Available
- Bra Size/ Breast Size: Not Available
Trivia/ Facts that you probably didn’t know
- Her parents met in France, when they both in school.
- Issa Rae gained her popularity due majorly due to becoming famous from web series Awkward Black Girl.
- In 2018, Issa Rae launched a joint venture with ColourCreative.TV and Talos Films in union with Sky Vision.
- Her middle name, Rae, is after an aunt who was an artist.
I don’t think the mainstream media understands people of color are multidimensional. For some reason, there’s an idea that only white people are relatable. I don’t think it’s necessarily racist. But it’s odd, because the people who watch the most television are black women, so we should be represented in more ways.