Born on April 9, 1926, in Chicago, Illinois, Hugh Hefner (Hugh Marston Hefner) was a American businessman, magazine publisher and playboy who was known as the creator and chief-in-editor of Playboy magazine, which he founded in 1953. As an advocate of sexual liberation and freedom of expression, Hefner was a political activist and philanthropist in several other causes and public issues. He died on September 27, 2017 in Holmby Hills, Los Angeles, California, USA.
Before Fame: Before fame, he graduated from University of Illinois, Urbana Champaign.
Hugh Hefner Parents/Ethnicity/Religion
Born during the Prohibition era in Chicago, Illinois, on April 9, 1926, Hefner was the first child of Grace Caroline (1895–1997) who worked as a teacher, and Glenn Lucius Hefner (1896–1976), an accountant. He had a younger brother, Keith (1929–2016). Hefner’s mother was of Swedish descent, and his father had German and English ancestry. Hefner stated that he was a direct descendant of Plymouth governor William Bradford.
Hugh Hefner Affair/Wife/Partner
In 1949, Hefner married Northwestern University student Mildred Williams. They had two children: daughter Christie (b. 1952) and son David (b. 1955). In 1988, he married Playmate of the Year Kimberley Conrad; they were 36 years apart in age. The couple had two sons: Marston Glenn (born 1990) and Cooper Bradford (born 1991). Hefner and Harris married on December 31, 2012. To known more, visit his twitter and Instagram.
Profile / Wiki / Information
- Full Name: Hugh Marston Hefner
- Nicknames: Hugh Hefner, Hef, Puffin, The Pajama Man
- Birthday: April 9, 1926
- Death: September 27, 2017
- Age: 91 (at the time of death) at Los Angeles
- Birthplace: Chicago, Illinois, US
- Education: University of Illinois at Urbana Champaign
- Profession: Businessman, magazine publisher
- Nationality: American
- Ethnicity/Race: White
- Religion: Not Available
- Zodiac: Aries
- Spouse/Wife: Crystal Hefner (31 December 2012-27 September, 2017)
Kimberly Conrad (1 July 1989 – 11 March 2010) (2 children)
Mildred Williams (25 June 1949 – 1959) (2 children)
- Children: 4
- Net Worth: $50 million US
- Height: 5 feet 9 inches (175 cm)
- Weight: Not Available
- Feet Size: Not Available
- Dress Size: Not Available
- Shoe Size: Not Available
Trivia/ Facts that you probably didn’t know
- He was the creator and publisher of Playboy Magazine.
- He was the first magazine publisher to become a major celebrity.
- He was arrested in Chicago, Illinois, USA in 1963 for possessing “indecent” photos of actress Jayne Mansfield in 1963’s movie, Promises….. Promises! (1963).
- Hefner had a Genius IQ of 152 in H.S., but was described as an “unenthusiastic” student.
- He served in the U.S. Army in WWII after graduating from Steinmetz H.S. in Chicago, IL (1944).
- Marilyn Monroe was the centerfold in the very first issue of his Playboy Magazine in December 1953.
- In 2005, Hugh attempted to create and Indian version of Playboy for India, which would feature South Asian women and Indian pop culture articles, but no nudity. He wanted to have Bollywood superstar Aishwarya Rai Bachchan on the cover of the first issue. The magazine was rejected.
- His father had German and English ancestry. His mother was of Swedish descent.
- He was awarded a Star on the Hollywood Walk of Fame at 6126 Hollywood Boulevard in Hollywood, California on his 54th birthday (April 9, 1980).
If there was going to be a sexual revolution, I would be its pamphleteer.
The major civilizing force in the world is not religion, it’s sex.
My magazine wasn’t just about naked women. It was about breaking down barriers, starting a cultural conversation about sexuality, and standing up for social justice.